Finally...almost have the basement functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Yeah, Quads are pretty rare, for obvious reasons. They are like furniture...put them somewhere and leave them there. I don't think they were designed to be moved.
    When I first bought that amp I was 15 years old and didn't have a license. Me and my best friend pushed that amp from the music store three miles to our drummer's house on its casters. This included pushing it up the biggest hill in town. After that, I gigged with that amp for years. Seeing it wasn't heavy enough I paired it with a 4x12 Ampeg V4. The open back/closed back combo was not by design but it sounded great and loud as heck. Lots of bloom from the Fender and plenty of thump from the V4.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Looks like a nice space! Are you building some bass traps for the room? When I finished my basement music room it always sounded boomy until I built a few big corner panel absorbers.
      There is acoustic tile throughout the basement and carpet on the floors. It sounds pretty good down there.

Comment

Bruce, if you decide to sweeten or mitigate (for the Greek Princess) the sound where you're rocking down there -glad to give guidance..... it's part of my jerb
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          Heavy? What, like 70-80lbs?
          Work up to it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
          Actually, I'm working DOWN. When I was young and strong I had a Fender 400PS head (435 watt tube amp, 135 watts per channel, 3 transformers, 3 spkr outlets) and 3 lg very solid (and heavy) spkr cabs each with 2 JBL 15" D130's. The head and the cabs weighed about 70 lbs each. I carried one in each hand for balance. I'll never forget one gig I did at an old college with no elevators...I carried that rig up two stories to the third floor via a very narrow zig-zaggy staircase. Now, it's pushing a 2x12 cab on a moving dolly to the elevator...that's enough for me (Supers or AC30s are out of the question).
          Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-30-2022, 06:31 AM.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Bruce, if you decide to sweeten or mitigate (for the Greek Princess) the sound where you're rocking down there -glad to give guidance..... it's part of my jerb
            I appreciate it. That area is more for casual jamming and practicing so I don't need to do too much down there. My girlfriend loves to listen to me play so I can crank all day long, and she enjoys it. I guess I am lucky in that regard. And as big as those amps are I rarely push them full tilt in the house. Most of my in-house jamming is the 13-watt Fender Excelsior or my Peavey Classic 20 on the 5-watt setting.

Comment

Working...
            X