Peavey Triple XXX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
    Earlier I heard a popping sound like unplugging the speaker cable and plugging it back in. Didn't last long and it went away.
    Your send/return jacks are likely like this pic. If they didn't get used much, the little contacts (green arrows), can oxidize and cause that. If you want to mess with it, plug in a 1/4" plug. That will open the contacts and let you burnish and/or squirt some Deoxit in there. You would, of course, have to remove the chassis from the cab to get to it.

Nice amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jack.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6198643

Comment

The Creamback was definitely a good choice so far. I have been messing with tubes a bit to see how the front end reacts, trying to bring the gain range down a bit. Currently TS 12AU7 (V1), GT 12AT7 (V2) , JJ ECC83S in both V3 and the PI slot. I have a pair of JJ EL34's coming in to swap the 6L6's out

****The JJ EL34's are in and they are fantastic! I ended up using the GT12AT7 in V1 and the JJ's in V2/3 and the PI slot.***

*****The GT 12AT7 went microphonic so I popped in an EH12AY7 in it's place and it is fine. The AU7 was alright for the gain channels but super dull on the clean. With the volume dimed on the clean the AY7 is really good. I might even use it someday lol*****
      Last edited by Wattage; 10-12-2022, 03:41 PM.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
      X