No announcement yet.

Peavey Triple XXX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy crap I never knew they did a 60wt version. How bad was Peavey at marketing if I didn't know this?

I imagine I'll be buying an amp very soon
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Great amps! Congrats on getting it!
      The mud flap girls make it sound even better! It's a scientific, harmonic kind of thing.
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

Agree with this. And not only is it a great reverb but it's 100ohm output impedance means that if it is last in line it will properly drive a very long cable back to the amp's return, just make sure and engage the buffer internally if this is the case, or else it will only work when the effect is on, not both ways.
        Thinking about the Boss RV-6 because it also has delay or the Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 reverb. Have you tried either of these pedals?

Comment

Read the manual online. The XXX has a special noise gate circuitry on the Ultra and Crunch channels, so that explains how quite it is. Peavey did an excellent job on the gate. Works perfect. Also, I like that the effects loop can be switched on and off on the footswitch itself and you can adjust the send and return level knobs, which also effects overall volume. I have them both set at 6 currently. Amp rocks!

Comment

After more experimenting with the effects loop levels, I dropped both down to 4 instead of 6. Any higher and it boosts the volume. At 4 it is pretty even.

Comment

Very cool amp. It's so fun when you can finally get stuff you once longed for.

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
              Great amps! Congrats on getting it!
              The mud flap girls make it sound even better! It's a scientific, harmonic kind of thing.
              I'm going to have to install some in my Blues Deluxe lol

Did you rebias the tubes? Mayne they've drifted a bit hot? (But I'm also unsure whether such a drift can actually have a noticeable physical effect on surrounding amp structures)
              "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
              "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
              "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
              "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Thinking about the Boss RV-6 because it also has delay or the Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 reverb. Have you tried either of these pedals?
                I only have the HOF2 and the RV-6. Between the two I like the TC a bit better, although I wish it had the regular switch instead of the mash switch. The mash is cool because you can lean into it at the end of a lead to make the last part of the run sound like it's in the grand canyon, but still i would just rather have the standard HOF switch. With the extra tone-prints you can download plenty of presets that have included delay with the reverb. There are a ton to choose from now on the TC website. I still like the Boss too, and it has the best switch in all pedal history IMO. Can't go wrong with either really.

For just basic simple reverb my Tremoverb beats them both, but it is my only tube amp with reverb, my others are all devoid but have been modded to great serial loops so the TC and Boss work great with them now. Except for the VHT D60 which has no loop at all.

Comment

Welp that didn't take long lol

I scored a pretty clean 60wt 1x12 combo today, good gear karma
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post

Does it have a speaker out?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Does it have a speaker out?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                        It has 2 speaker jacks and can run either 16, 8, or 4 Ohms. It has a 16 Ohm Sheffield XXX speaker onboard. I plan to run a 1x12 cab at 16 ohms along with it.

I tore it down and cleaned it up since it had been sitting for a while, got rid of some dust and mustiness. All the pots, jacks and switches needed a good shot of DeOxit, they were pretty itchy and scratchy. It still has what I assume are the original tubes, 3 EH 12AX7, 1 EH 12AX7 LPS and 2 Ruby 6L6's, those will be gone soon.
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

The DeOxit worked the charm as usual. I used some Chemicals Guys detailing stuff to clean up the tolex which worked nicely, a little elbow grease got it looking pretty minty. Not likely that it'll stay this clean but it's in great shape so why not? It was biased a little hot so I dialed it back into range, no sound difference that I could tell.

Only issue it has is with the footswitch. The loop on/off works, the Clean/Bypass works but switching between Crunch and Ultra does not. I'm not sure if it's the cable, the jack or the switch? I'll mess with that a little more later.

***Oh I'll put the Mudflap Girl back on she was taking a bath and getting a little touch up work done

****and a Creamback is on order for it

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4435.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	6198203
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	6198204
                          Last edited by Wattage; 09-24-2022, 09:54 AM.
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

So which Creamback did you order for this? I'm guessing the H75.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                                So which Creamback did you order for this? I'm guessing the H75.
                                No the M65

I was torn but I like the sound of the M better.

The Sheffield isn't awful but it's more like a V30-ish type of sound. I'll probably throw that in the extension cab for now.
                                Last edited by Wattage; 09-24-2022, 10:44 AM.
                                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                                X