NAD: FHRBDR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: FHRBDR!

Time has come for a NAD post (1 of 2). Solved my Fender Tone Hunt with a brand spankin' new Fender Hot Rod Blues Deluxe Reissue!

Is it awesome? Yes.
    Touch and volume knob sensitive? Yes.
    Loud? My neighbours two houses over sent me a text congratulating me on my new amp...
    Heavy? Yes and no. Lighter than the Marshall TSL601, but larger dimensions.
    Cons? Control panel is upside down. Gotta be mindful of the bass. Tube changes will require unscrewing more panels. Ugly white/cream power cord. You can have great EQ for clean or for dirty...but never at the same time.

I'm loving it so much I haven't had the need to put a fuzz or OD to it yet! That will come in due time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blues deluxe 1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	6197894
    The Marshall knows its days are numbered and cowers in fear in the back, lol

Name:	blues deluxe 3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	6197895
    I may have pushed in the red led mistaking it for a button. In my defense, it was dark and I was excited and it looked like it wanted to be pushed in...I've reinstalled it in its correct place.

Name:	blues deluxe 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	6197896
    For comparison, I took a picture of the tweed tolex vs the vintage tweed Fender guitar strap vs Fender's tweed cables. Although not a perfect match I still like it.
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Actually, those 2 tweeds complement each other well.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
    X