So... who has a Smokey Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... who has a Smokey Amp?

Mine was in a guitar case in storage, which I finally found this weekend. Put a new 9 volt in it and let loose with the silly, fuzzy sounds! Mine is a pristine Camel pack, which a client gave me many years ago. I would noodle with it, but never plugged it into a big cab. Anyone else recorded with one, or did a gig with 1 volt?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I have a little battery powered Fender MA-10. I drilled a hole for a jack and It's surprisingly loud through a 4x12 cab. I also have two Hotone 5watt heads and they sound huge through a 4x12.
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 10-03-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen one of those in years. The smallest that I have is a Microcube. It was the first amp that I purchased when I started playing again ~18 years ago. And I'll never get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

My Peavey Classic 20 kicks down to 1 watt and sounds pretty heavy in that mode

Comment

I recorded some slide with one a while back
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I’ve got one that is in a clear enclosure and I built a little 1watt amp in a watch tin years ago. It needs to be hooked up to a cab though, no built-in speaker. When I had a 4x12, it sounded pretty nice with it.

Comment

I have a Pignose that works really well as a pre-amp or if I need quick and portable, by it's self.
              My friends had never heard of it until I showed up with one

Comment

Closest I came was doing a gig with a Fender Champion 600 once.

Comment

I've heard of people using the Smokey amp as some sort of feedback generator. I will have to research how they did it, but it involved splitting the guitar signal, and having one side go to this little amp, and one going to your normal amp. Somehow the little amp's signal was picked up by the guitar pickups...I am not sure. I know I watched a YouTube video with someone using it like that (Trey Gunn?).
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

One of Bruce Zinkys creations.Think he still sells them. Fun little toy and are a blast through a 4/12 with the right speakers. Also work well as a drive through a tube amp.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                      One of Bruce Zinkys creations.Think he still sells them. Fun little toy and are a blast through a 4/12 with the right speakers. Also work well as a drive through a tube amp.
                      https://smokeyamps.com/

Whoah, okay. Nostalgia attack.
                      I swear I remember these from like 2003, 2004, when I *very* first started playing guitar. Like if I recall correctly, I saw that exact website and it was almost exactly the same. nice

Comment

My friend has a Marshall Micro Stack. It has a nice overdriven sound with 80% of its volume. Above that point it's a blotchy mess.
                        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
                        X