No announcement yet.

Amp suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the egnater tweaker 15 was looking like a great amp until I found out it only has one channel. But I think I found what I m looking for now I'm checking out the fender super sonic 22 watt head. It seems to cover all the basses. I'm going to need to save some more money for it but I'm really interested in the super sonic. Can someone with experience or more knowledge about them please inform me about these amps. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

the supersonic is a cool amp. i havent played the 22w but a buddy of mine has a 60w? he did mess with it a little bit, but i assume its only tube swaps since he isnt handy at all. it seems like an evolution of the prosonic amp with the dual gain controls on the dirt channel

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
        Ok the egnater tweaker 15 was looking like a great amp until I found out it only has one channel. But I think I found what I m looking for now I'm checking out the fender super sonic 22 watt head. It seems to cover all the basses. I'm going to need to save some more money for it but I'm really interested in the super sonic. Can someone with experience or more knowledge about them please inform me about these amps. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
        IM not sure how fendery an eggnator is -slight scoop, chimey etc. otherwise I'd add more..

but I think the key for what ever you choose to do (based on your description) is using a wider-band sounding amp (Fender style) and speaker and a pedal to get the OD mid range instead of the opposite.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

IM not sure how fendery an eggnator is -slight scoop, chimey etc. otherwise I'd add more..

but I think the key for what ever you choose to do (based on your description) is using a wider-band sounding amp (Fender style) and speaker and a pedal to get the OD mid range instead of the opposite.
          The more I learn about the super sonic it seems like the amp for me, classic fender cleans and modern high gain in one amp. And the clean channel has a voice switch to help me push the mids slightly. I'm going to save some more money for the head. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

The more I learn about the super sonic it seems like the amp for me, classic fender cleans and modern high gain in one amp. And the clean channel has a voice switch to help me push the mids slightly. I'm going to save some more money for the head. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
            Man, I bet a marshally Friedman BE-OD pedal into that thing will scream!
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone. I saw that Sweetwater is having a 10% off sale on fender amps. So I got a fender super sonic 22 watt head in black and silver ordered and it should be arriving soon. This amp offers classic fender cleans and modern high gain in one amp and if I need to I can always plug in a Marshally mid range pedal if I want more. This really seems like a great amp for my needs. Will review after it arrives. It looks like Sweetwater is actually having a 10% off sale on all fender brand amps including EVH amps. If anyone is on the fence about getting an amp from fender or EVH now is the time to save 10%!

Comment

Working...
              X