No announcement yet.

What tubes does an AXE FX III run on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tubes does an AXE FX III run on ?

..... asking for a friend >

im sure im missing something here

Comment

Digital ones.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	red.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	6201770.

Comment

Half the secret is the three giant transformers...

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Comment

I’m sure they’re the same as my Kemper, I’ll open it up at some point and check.

Comment

Just don't take too long to make the determination, because from what I've heard there might be a huge tube shortage coming soon. I know it seems unlikely.

Comment

I played the sNax but this is all i heard ...

Comment

I find it interesting people do not think a computer program can successfully emulate a tube. We have applications that have mapped the human brain and deep space. There is AI that mimics and imitates human thought. Even the tube's closest cousin, the light bulb, is simulated, including it's warmth and flicker. Yet some guitarists will call the amp simulation in digital products subpar.

Comment

Tube guys aren't "anti-semiconductor" were just "Pro Thermionic valve" but i prefer a 1966 Chevelle SS-396 to a 2022 Corvette what do i know ?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        I find it interesting people do not think a computer program can successfully emulate a tube. We have applications that have mapped the human brain and deep space. There is AI that mimics and imitates human thought. Even the tube's closest cousin, the light bulb, is simulated, including it's warmth and flicker. Yet some guitarists will call the amp simulation in digital products subpar.
                        Honestly, the sound of a tube, wasnt the challenge as must as the feel. -They've got that pretty nice now as well
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I am sure in a few years, the lo-fi reduced -bit sound of the early modelers will be modeled successfully, too.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Honestly, the sound of a tube, wasnt the challenge as must as the feel. -They've got that pretty nice now as well
                            The velocity-sensitive keyboards of the 90's were the foundation for the feel technology, it has come a long way since.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I am sure in a few years, the lo-fi reduced -bit sound of the early modelers will be modeled successfully, too.
                              Then you can finally retire your Line 6 DL4.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X