New speaker on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speaker on the way

I finally took the leap and decided which speaker I was going to go with and I ended up going with the A type. I was leaning towards the C Rex because I thought it'd compliment the v30's by adding what they were lacking but then I thought this is my first time doing this and I'm no professional or audiophile and with speakers being non refundable I thought it would be a safer bet to go with the A type because it seemed to match the specs of the v30's better so I went with the 8 ohm A type because I thought it would blend better with the other speakers and not be too different. I plan on hooking the A type 1x12 up to the 'through' jack on my 2x12 and if that's not what I was hoping for I will just hook it up to the super sonic by itself. Thanks for all the suggestions and information from everyone I really appreciate you guys helping me on this tone journey as just the information I've gotten so far since I joined this forum has helped me improve my tone greatly. Thanks everyone!
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Good choice! The C-Rex is dark. Think blanket over cab. Both A-type and V-type are excellent, inexpensive, robust speakers.

Comment

I haven't tried the A-Type in a closed-back but love them in my open-back cab. I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. I have used stock Fender speakers, which the A-Type is based on in closed-back cabs with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I haven't tried the A-Type in a closed-back but love them in my open-back cab. I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. I have used stock Fender speakers, which the A-Type is based on in closed-back cabs with great results.
        Im pretty sure I can remove the back of I unscrew the jack washer so I can try it both ways I guess, I don't see a reason why the back would 'have' to stay on.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I think you will be fine either way. I have a convertible Rocket Cab it is fun to play around with open/closed to hear the different dynamics of the speaker.

Comment

Working...
          X