USPS, UPS, vs. FEDEX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS, UPS, vs. FEDEX??

Greetings,, for shipping a very well packed 30lb amp head, with of these 3 ground services are likely to be the least expensive? Thanks all.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221030_111715.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	6204258
    Attached Files

USPS has consistently been better than FedEx or UPS any time I've had something delivered to me.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

In my experience, they all break or lose stuff, charge too much, and lie to me on a regular basis. FedEx has the best tracking.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

ive had the best luck with usps

Comment

It's easy to check the rates yourself...

If you have PayPal, go to: www.paypal.shipstation.com/orders

Log in with your PayPal credentials, click "create new quick label" on the top right, put in your shipping info and compare the discounted rates from each carrier.

In my experience, this method is usually less expensive than printing labels through eBay, Reverb, etc.

Comment

I shipped a JMP from the midwest to Dave Friedman in Hollywood and he shipped it back both via FedEx no issues but the amp was in a roadcase.

Comment

I've had UPS "attempt delivery" for something that required a signature. Twice. And both times, according to the tracking data, I was home and never heard a knock or the bell.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

DHL Express

Comment

Let's see

Fed Ex? most likely to claim "Act of God/Weather" to get around not delivering and owing you a refund after you paid dearly expedited service -Probably best for Next Day Air/Early AM on average though.

UPS? most likely to do this with the box upon delivery -coincidence on the brown outfit? hmmmm -But cheaper than Fed Ex so second choice for expedited.

USPS? Honestly, for non-expedited service I have had the least issues with USPS -cheapest, and fine if you need less that 1 or 2 day Air.

None are perfect of course, nor should you expect it -too many variables
                  Last edited by NegativeEase; 10-31-2022, 05:54 PM.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

i know someone ...

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      I've had UPS "attempt delivery" for something that required a signature. Twice. And both times, according to the tracking data, I was home and never heard a knock or the bell.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                      'Attempted Delivery' usually seems to mean that the delivery guy was running late so didn't bother.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

'Attempted Delivery' usually seems to mean that the delivery guy was running late so didn't bother.
                        My experience as well
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Have had some very extreme issues with Fed Ex over the years. From outright stealing my Parcels to obliterating a Fender Prosonic at o hare then sweeping up the carnage and sending it on it without notice. Gets no worse that FedEx. hate them with passion. Also THIS was local!!
                          The Blount County Sheriff's Office said the unnamed driver dumped packages into a wooded area at least six times, leaving some 450 people without their deliveries.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

FedEx is trash
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                            X