No announcement yet.

Hendrix JMP for only $475K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1000 shipping, that's insane, I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      $1000 shipping, that's insane, I'll pass.
      If the seller accepted returns, I'd bid on this...
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Haha, I just had this vision of you going to the auction in person and ruining it by yelling from the back the reminder that the world tube supply shortage makes this amp functionally worthless
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Haha, I just had this vision of you going to the auction in person and ruining it by yelling from the back the reminder that the world tube supply shortage makes this amp functionally worthless
          Um no that wouldn't be me but glad you are amused i think.

Comment

If they could tie the amp to some iconic recording, it would be more interesting. Saying it is an amp Jimi used between 1967 - 1969 means nothing. Jimi used a slew of Marshalls, Fenders, Sunns and Acoustic amps during that time. There is nothing really rare or unique about this amp. If it was the Woodstock Marshall the price "might" be justified. But this is just a random amp Hendrix played.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              If they could tie the amp to some iconic recording, it would be more interesting. Saying it is an amp Jimi used between 1967 - 1969 means nothing. Jimi used a slew of Marshalls, Fenders, Sunns and Acoustic amps during that time. There is nothing really rare or unique about this amp. If it was the Woodstock Marshall the price "might" be justified. But this is just a random amp Hendrix played.

Yeah, I think he used several dozen Marshalls over that period if I remember correctly.

I think I would be interested in one particular that got a certain sound on a record -specifically Spanish Castle Magic for me,

But honestly -no one could ever prove it, so your still just relying on best effort memories and hype.

Comment

Do they have two? I'd only buy it if I could get an identical backup in case of problems. :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                X