Take My Ex-wife,,, please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take My Ex-wife,,, please....

Greetings all~ Besides having had access to my 30 some odd,(some very odd) amps, I put her into a Marshall 4210 combo which weighed as much as her,, then she picked up a fabulous & original Blues Jr. Relic (P12R),...
    Fast forward almost 20 yrs, she dumped the BJr, & I bought her the Monoprice 15w tube combo, 27 lbs?, thinking it would be perfect,,,, light, tube, reverb.... But now, at 67, she wants out, & wants to get into a small, light, solid state, 1x10" or 12" amp, reverb,,, NO modeling (has pedals), & I'm waaay out of my comfort zone.... Any suggestions on anything that might be a perfect fit, & not too cheesy and/or unreliable, & w/a decent clean sound for her not too shabby gtr collection??
    I'm tapping out....
    Thanks as always for all the best adviceॐ
    Last edited by zozoe; 12-10-2022, 07:52 PM.

I am not sure what it weighs but it seems to fit your bill

Comment

When I was starting out, the Gallien Kruger 250ML was the answer to all those problems. Amazing sounding little box.

Nowadays, a BOSS Katana or Fender Mustang seems to be a similar answer. Though small light weight solid state amps now all seem to be modeled these days. Don't know how you would avoid it.

Another option might be a good headphone guitar amp (Line 6, VOX AmpPlug, etc.) into clean power like a PowerStage, Quilter, 44 Magnum, Orange Pedal Baby, etc., into a small speaker cab of your choice.

For a pure, lightweight, fun amp, I use a Fender Champion 600. 6V6-based, 1x6 speaker, doesn't weigh a thing, sounds amazing. Breaks up like a little Marshall.

Comment

Solid state with a 12 incher, Fender Campion 40. Big clean sound.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Oh yeah,,, add the GK 250ML to the list of her previous amps,,,, the GK was her first one,,,, great amp that I once needed to use thru a 2x12 cabinet for a gig, & it was fantastic!! & with the carrying case!!

Comment

zozoe Fender is having a 40% off sale with free two-day shipping. Some of the amps check a lot of the boxes of what you are looking for

Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. Learn more about Fender electric basses.

Comment

One of the Boutique Amp Distribution mini amp heads, Soldano SLO, Friedman BE, Bogner Ecstasy, with a second hand 1x10 or a 1x12 cab and a verb in the loop....they all sound pretty damn good!
              Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
              Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
              Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
              Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Working...
              X