I'm Torn - Peavey vs Fender dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Torn - Peavey vs Fender dilemma

So, I have one fender amp. A little Fender Pro Jr. I don't play it that often, but I love it when I do. Just two knob straight ahead tone.

Yet...I am Jonesing hard for a Peavey Classic 30 (also in tweed). I just feel that as much as I love my little Crate -o-Fender, that back in the day, I really would have preferred the Classic 30.

Ditch the Jr for a Classic, or not? This is the dilemma...

Pro's
    - 30 is more flexible
    - 30 has more juice
    - Probably a more fender-y sound than the class A Pro Jr.
    - More sounds quieter
    - Better Pedal platform

Cons
    - I wouldn't have a Fender box
    - I'd have two Peavey amps
    - I do like the Pro Jr. It is a bad@$$ little amp
    - I have a whole pedal scheme and relationship with this amp
    - 30 is a larger box / takes up space

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

a pro jr isnt class a. its fixed bias class ab as far as i know. great little amp though! are you getting the crate cause youll use it or cause you want it? id probably keep the jr

Comment

Do you feel like you're lacking something when you play the Fender? From what you say, it sounds like you'd miss it. I miss the ones I sold off for other gear... wish I'd kept them and found some other way to fund their replacements.
      Take it to the limit
      Everybody to the limit
      Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I think it is just GAS. Every time I sell an amp, I regret it. I would wait a bit, the next hot thing will pass in front of you and you will be GASing for that. You don't need it, you want it.

Comment

Bravo, Securb. Absolute brilliant meme with your response.

I would've gone with the 30 to begin with.
          Last edited by ErikH; 12-22-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I dig the reverb and clean channel of the 30. Not to mention the additional EQ,effects loop and 12" speaker. For what I need, I'd absolutely go for the 30 vs the Pro Jr.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A Fender pro junior 15W really isn't apples to apples with a Classic 30W -A Peavey Classic 30 is a lot more amp -and a clear pick in my mind

What is more fair -is Fender Deluxe 22W -which would then turn the tables on the Classic 30 as a 22W Deluxe is basically the GOAT amp in most any comparison -it's not considered the Desert Island Amp for no reason.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

they are two very different amps for sure. size, weight, wattage, features, voicing... having both is the right answer for acebob

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  they are two very different amps for sure. size, weight, wattage, features, voicing... having both is the right answer for acebob
                  This is science and wisdom talking
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I dig the reverb and clean channel of the 30. Not to mention the additional EQ,effects loop and 12" speaker. For what I need, I'd absolutely go for the 30 vs the Pro Jr.
                    see - I think these are all the things that make me Jones for the 30. As cools the Zen of the Jr. is, I want an effects loop and a mid knob....

Comment

I like this Philosophy....

But per Highlander rules: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        A Fender pro junior 15W really isn't apples to apples with a Classic 30W -A Peavey Classic 30 is a lot more amp -and a clear pick in my mind

What is more fair -is Fender Deluxe 22W -which would then turn the tables on the Classic 30 as a 22W Deluxe is basically the GOAT amp in most any comparison -it's not considered the Desert Island Amp for no reason.
                        Indeed - I need a Peavey Classic 30 AND a fender Deluxe 22!!!!!

THAT would cover my Fender and Peavey shakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                          I think it is just GAS. Every time I sell an amp, I regret it. I would wait a bit, the next hot thing will pass in front of you and you will be GASing for that. You don't need it, you want it.

While this is not untrue...I have had this gas for a very long time. Every time that Peavey walks down my street, I check her out hard, and think about her for a long long time.

Comment

but a pro jr is small, itll never be in the way

Comment

but a pro jr is small, itll never be in the way
                              I have 8 amps, and 4 cabs, 4 pedal boards, and assorted music crap in this room. A toothpick is in the way....

Comment

Working...
                              X