No announcement yet.

What are some entry level tuve amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are some entry level tuve amps?

I like the Fender pro junior. I always thought it was a cheaper version of the blues junior but its a totally different machine. it has no master volume and great tone. I wouldnt worry about speaker size. In my opinion different size spearkers really only change volume with similar wattage. 12s sound fuller and 10s do not have as much depth. I would stay away from 8 inch unless you are runnin less than 10 watts
    Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer
      My advice is try all amps in your price range that you can, hybrids, modelers, and also 12" speaker tube amps and then decide what you really want, don't buy blind.
      I'll double that... looks like your friend doesn't have quite a clue what he should buy, so it would probably be a good idea to just jump over to a guitar retailer and try a bunch out for a while...
      Some good ones have been already named here so he could try those first...

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
        This one only has a 6 inch driver, but it uses a 24" horn....so that may not work, either.
        LOL

a blast from the past!!

8" speakers sound like ****

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
          8" speakers sound like ****
          I declare shenanigans! A champ with a weber sig 8 in it sounds incredible. Some big sound from a small amp.
          Gear
          [GUITARS]
          06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
          70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by TheJangus
            I declare shenanigans! A champ with a weber sig 8 in it sounds incredible. Some big sound from a small amp.
            I believe Kieth Richards use to slave one of those up for distortion on older Stones tracks - one amp was clean and the Champ was dirty, they miced em both.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Laney LC15, all valve and a 10" speaker might be worth a look.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJangus
                I would imagine that the champ was one of the more common studio amps back in the day.
                It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                X