Vox AC15CC GASers BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC15CC GASers BEWARE

So.... on my my home from the office I stopped into the shop where I bought the AC15CC to talk with the guy that sold me the amp. Immediately he told me to feel free to bring it back for a refund!! What a cool cat I'm thinking!!! Well I get home and want to play through it one last go around just to make sure. I go to turn it on and the mofro won't turn on. I plugged it into a few different outlets and nothing. I opened the chassis to check the fuse(yes you have to open the chassis to get to the fuse :frown and the fuse is perfect. This peice of crap is 4 days old and it just up and died on me!! I will go ahead and say this before I get it.....Christian you were right!!! This thing proved to be what you said.....unreliable!! BEWARE DUDES!!!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: Vox AC15CC GASers BEWARE

Originally posted by B Bent
    So.... on my my home from the office I stopped into the shop where I bought the AC15CC to talk with the guy that sold me the amp. Immediately he told me to feel free to bring it back for a refund!! What a cool cat I'm thinking!!! Well I get home and want to play through it one last go around just to make sure. I go to turn it on and the mofro won't turn on. I plugged it into a few different outlets and nothing. I opened the chassis to check the fuse(yes you have to open the chassis to get to the fuse :frown and the fuse is perfect. This peice of crap is 4 days old and it just up and died on me!! I will go ahead and say this before I get it.....Christian you were right!!! This thing proved to be what you said.....unreliable!! BEWARE DUDES!!!
    ive repeated it a few times too. It seemed EXTRA cheaply made to me when i played through and checked out some of the Ac30ccs......it was weird because most decent amps seem pretty sturdy on the outside, but those amps seem flimsy to me over the entire spectrum, inside and out. but again, it did sound pretty good
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

somehow...I told you so doesn't say it!!!

that sucks bro...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I wouldn't ever buy vox again if that happened to me. Amps shouldn't die after a few days its pathetic.
        Originally posted by BeanDip
        No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
        Belman double cutaway Grand
        Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

Try the Crate Palomino's. They're surprisingly good.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've expressed less than glowing comments on the AC30CC I had for a rather brief time. You really do get what you pay for. But, I have to watch it and not come across as a hater...

I guess since I'm making and selling amps now, it's not real cool to go bad mouthing something just because they use 2nd rate parts and are put together by some 12 year old that hasn't eaten properly in a week. Oops. Sorry, that might come across as negative.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Negitive but true
              Originally posted by BeanDip
              No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
              Belman double cutaway Grand
              Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

I always knew Vox is ghey... you can tell by the looks of those amps...

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  somehow...I told you so doesn't say it!!!

that sucks bro...
                  Damn dude, what are you psychic? haha

That sucks bro, I hope they give you a refund for your money
                  7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

ALL Vox amps are prone to break down, if you want that tone you just deal with it...that said I can deal with it but when I tried out the AC-30CC if felt like a cheaply made amp...I opened one up and they have very thin PCB, and very cheap parts on that board...they are very cheap (even more so when compared to a real Vox) and they do produce some good tones but I am not gonna take a chance on them...I might pick up a used head for a few hundred bucks once they filter down into the used market but IMO those amps are just built way too cheaply.
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I agree with Christian and he and I actually spoke 20 minutes before I walked in to buy the amp. My thing was that since this would be an amp that I would play soley in my house and not take out anywhere I would be fine. I too thought the thing felt so very cheaply made.

Benjy... I gotta say bro I am with you on the Crate. The Crate really is built probably 2xs better than the Vox. Ill be even more honest.....the Crate sounds MUCH better than the Vox as well. All I gotta say is dont buy one of these or you will be sorry!! I hate it when gas turns out bad!!!

Comment

You got a whiff on one of my 'bad food days.' LOL

Sorry to hear it's not worth the money. I've plugged into an AC-30CC and while it sounded good, I was a little leery about owning one. When I saw the AC15, I started the thread about it's availability, but had no real comment about it, since I hadn't even seen one in a store yet. Sorry to hear it's a turd, but at least you bought it new, not used, so make them take it back.
                        Maybe they deal in other brands that might suit you better.

Your story about the Vox is the last straw for me. I'll never buy any amp made in China!! I like my Valvetronix head, but their tube gear is proving itself to be lower in quality than Crate, Carvin, and Peavey. That's not good for a classic company like Vox. Mitch Colby has been on here to defend Vox in the past, but I'm sure even he's becoming exhausted trying to stand behind Chinese amps and convincing himself they aren't heaps of crap. LOL
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

My local shop was OUTfreakingSTANDING about being no questions asked!! Like I said before when you (GJ) brought it to my attention that the CCs were availible I had to have one. I have always loved the AC15 sound. I didnt like the way it felt build wise, but decided to go ahead since my plan was to use it soley at home. I mean....come on how hard can you be on an amp that sits in the corner of your living room. I will NEVER suggest that anyone buy this amp.....it sux. Now I am left with a bad taste in my mouth and will never be brave enough again to buy a used $1200 real ac15.

Comment

Vox reliability is the reason Mark Sampson and Rick Perone started Matchless.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

And the reason you should build Edanas and Franklins. It's getting silly seeing amp companies making amps out of cheaper parts than an AM Radio.

At least with handwired P to P amps, they'll still be running fine in 20 years.
                              These Vox's and Crate's will be in landfills in 5 years.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                              X