Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One speaker in a 212 question

Hello!

If I have a 212 cabinet, is it possible to connect only one of the two speakers? And, if so, the amp would just see the rating and ohms of the one wired speaker.

This would be the configuration -

Avatar 2x12. Loaded with 2 Celestion Redbacks 8 ohm. Disconnect the wiring from one, my amp would “see” 150 watts and 8 ohms, right?

thanks
    "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

if you wire just one speaker up, the amp will see just impedance of that one speaker, yes. i have a 2x10 with two 8ohm speakers. i wired it up with this type of jack plate so i can run both speakers in parallel for 4 ohms, both in series for 16 ohms, or either one individually for 8 ohms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-h800_0.png
Views:	140
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	6215365

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      if you wire just one speaker up, the amp will see just impedance of that one speaker, yes. i have a 2x10 with two 8ohm speakers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-h800_0.png
Views:	140
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	6215365
      thank you very much. So I can just leave the wiring hanging disconnected on one of the speakers? Thanks again

"We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Comment

Yes, you will be fine. I would grab one of the plates Jeremey posted. I put one in my 2x12, also.

Comment

Be sure to put a short across the terminals of the unused speaker. That will cause it to be its own brake, so that it minimizes its own vibrations and cause OOP resonance.

Comment

Working...
          X