“Where does the tone come from in an Electric Guitar Amp?” -Jim Lill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Where does the tone come from in an Electric Guitar Amp?” -Jim Lill

This video is the amplifier side, asking where the tone comes from. Unlike the guitar one that’s a little humorous and in the end tells us what we pretty much already know, this one floored me. I know speakers make a big difference and there are great sounding amps of all types, but this strips not right down.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

One of my favorite YouTube Channels.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Jim Lill is great.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

They also feel more like a coated string even though they're not.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

There's 10 minutes i'll never get back.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              This video is the amplifier side, asking where the tone comes from. Unlike the guitar one that’s a little humorous and in the end tells us what we pretty much already know, this one floored me. I know speakers make a big difference and there are great sounding amps of all types, but this strips not right down.

Literally the best video I've ever seen. .... (Guitar tone related of course)
              thanks for posting that.
              https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Literally the best video I've ever seen. .... (Guitar tone related of course)
                thanks for posting that.
                Check out his guitar tone one too. Pretty interesting.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not just any amp modeler... an artisanal, boutique, handbuilt, point-to-point amp modeler. I dig it.
                  Take it to the limit
                  Everybody to the limit
                  Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I saw the cab video before. He did an awesome job on that.

Loved the amp-video "what if things matter only as much as you heard them matter" best quote ever.

Comment

Must be a trust fund kid.
                      Anyone else would be at work.
                      Do people still work ?
                      The "amplifier" part of his shoe box amp are the 2 foot pedals made by Exotic FX.
                      He;s really only wired a tone stack.
                      Is this the best the "internet computer generation" can come up with ?
                      Funny how we got to the moon & back multiple times with a pencil & slide rule.
                      Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-24-2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I thought this video was incredible. Quite eye (ear?) opening. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                          The "amplifier" part of his shoe box amp are the 2 foot pedals made by Exotic FX.
                          That was the whole point of the video. He showed that the tone stack is really what you're hearing when you're playing different amps.

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Must be a trust fund kid.
                            Anyone else would be at work.
                            Do people still work ?
                            Is this the best the "internet computer generation" can come up with ?
                            Funny how we got to the moon & back multiple times with a pencil & slide rule.
                            OK boomer.

Comment

Tech 21 or someone should dilute that tackle box down to a 4-knob stomp. Bass - Mids - Treble - Drive and a three-way toggle for VOX, Marshall and Fender. I would buy one in a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X