So I tried the B-52 AT-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I tried the B-52 AT-100

...at GC today. You know, it sounds pretty good for $700. But I think I'd be better off finding a used head. The B-52 just...didn't have the sound I was looking for. I think it was too..."dry" sounding. But for the money, it's a good deal.

Re: So I tried the B-52 AT-100

I'd worry about the resale value on a piece like that, too. My general, cheap assed advice to the world is to buy used whenever possible. If you're anal enough about your tone to hang out on this forum then it is likely you'll go through a lot of gear in your life and not getting hosed everytime you sell will stretch out your GASing dollar...just my 2 cents...(damn, I could have spent that 2 cents on gear!!!!)

Mike

Comment

I just tried one at GC yesterday with the matching cab and wasnt impressed. It has 1 nice rock tone but it would not chug for nothing. I had it at almost half volume and i couldnt get any palm-mutage out of it. Both gains can sound the exact same too. Clean channel was ok though.

It might of been the amp though, cause it wouldnt switch to clean on Tube AB. It crackled and all the lights would flicker.
      www.lastchancerock.com

Comment

sounds like good quality....
        i'll stick with my hero, peavey classic series!
        Originally posted by BeanDip
        No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
        Belman double cutaway Grand
        Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

Originally posted by Antihero
          I just tried one at GC yesterday with the matching cab and wasnt impressed. It has 1 nice rock tone but it would not chug for nothing. I had it at almost half volume and i couldnt get any palm-mutage out of it. Both gains can sound the exact same too. Clean channel was ok though.

It might of been the amp though, cause it wouldnt switch to clean on Tube AB. It crackled and all the lights would flicker.
          Yes, it was too dry and tight, didn't have enough chug to it.

Comment

Working...
          X