banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather have a Mark V or three $1000 guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently saving up for a Mark V! I think it's a lot better deal than the vii, alot more features and my captor x can replace the DI and cab Sims on the vii and I don't use midi either so that about kills the vii for me. I have 17 guitars and I found "the one" with my faded standard but I don't have a really good amp, I've got a couple decent ones but nothing over 40 watts. So I've thought about it extensively and the Mark V is where my money is going, hopefully I will be ready to purchase in May.
    Last edited by Mikelamury; 03-22-2023, 05:55 PM.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I'm really digging the blue bronco/tan grille Mark V that Sweetwater has, I'm going to get one in a cool color rather than a plain black one.
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
        I'm currently saving up for a Mark V! I think it's a lot better deal than the vii, alot more features and my captor x can replace the DI and cab Sims on the vii and I don't use midi either so that about kills the vii for me. I have 17 guitars and I found "the one" with my faded standard but I don't have a really good amp, I've got a couple decent ones but nothing over 40 watts. So I've thought about it extensively and the Mark V is where my money is going, hopefully I will be ready to purchase in May.
        Are they making the V any more? Might want to hurry up and get one while there is stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Are they making the V any more? Might want to hurry up and get one while there is stock.
          They still have them on their site.

I suspect the V:25 will be available for a while still. Probably not the big ones.

Comment

I think that they will still make the Mark V for a while, I think after they start to come out with the smaller wattage mark vii's then they will start to phase out the mark V. I could be wrong but I don't see them discontinued in the next two months, if I start to see that I will act sooner, actually I'm going to ask my Sweetwater associate about that, will post any info I find out.
            Last edited by Mikelamury; 03-23-2023, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I bet you will have a bunch of Mark Vs on the used market as people 'upgrade'.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I bet you will have a bunch of Mark Vs on the used market as people 'upgrade'.
                Some years after, they'll become desirable like the once dreaded Mark III's are now, LOL.

Comment

Ok so I spoke to my Sweetwater associate and there is no word yet on when the mark v will be discontinued but he is sure it will happen eventually. I was informed that they have one more order of the mark V's coming in at the end of April but they don't plan on ordering anymore of the Mark V's in special colors (which is what I want). So I've decided to move my purchase timeline up because I really don't want to miss out on the color I want and I will either be ordering my Mark V either next week or the week after. Better to be safe than sorry. Will let you guys know when I get it ordered.

Comment

I wonder if the Mark V is considerably more expensive to produce because of the additional modes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      They still have them on their site.

I suspect the V:25 will be available for a while still. Probably not the big ones.
                      FYI I haven't seen any new V:25s on sale this side of the pond in a while. Maybe more or less within a few months of the V:35 being available. That's not to say they can't be had, I just haven't seen any where they had previously been readily available.

I also notice that Mesa Boogie seem to have less distribution here of late, so maybe they are just concentrating on the US market.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post

FYI I haven't seen any new V:25s on sale this side of the pond in a while. Maybe more or less within a few months of the V:35 being available. That's not to say they can't be had, I just haven't seen any where they had previously been readily available.

I also notice that Mesa Boogie seem to have less distribution here of late, so maybe they are just concentrating on the US market.
                        Yo sí he visto el Mark V:25 acá en Canadá en las tiendas. Pero sí, me imagino que a ustedes deben de tardarse más en surtirlos.

Si yo viviera allá, la verdad ni siquiera consideraría Mesa Boogie. Ustedes tienen otras mejores opciones por el precio que Mesa les quiere cobrar de ese lado del Atlántico.

A menos que específicamente quieras el sonido de un Mark, jajaja. Porque en ese caso, sí no hay muchas opciones que suenen así.
                        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-31-2023, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I wonder if the Mark V is considerably more expensive to produce because of the additional modes?
                          It depends, it seems like the V has more analog stuff in it (more modes) and the VII has the digital cab Sims and stuff so idk which would be more expensive to produce. The mark V definitely has more features than the VII, I can't see how it's considered an upgrade. I get the cab sim thing but why did it lose everything that it did?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

It depends, it seems like the V has more analog stuff in it (more modes) and the VII has the digital cab Sims and stuff so idk which would be more expensive to produce. The mark V definitely has more features than the VII, I can't see how it's considered an upgrade. I get the cab sim thing but why did it lose everything that it did?
                            Maybe it was a supply issue having all those parts?

Comment

I'd personally get the three guitars. Which I've actually bought 4 in the past six months.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                                I'd personally get the three guitars. Which I've actually bought 4 in the past six months.....lol
                                I understand where your coming from there but I have enough guitars... for now.(17) but I don't have a really badass amp though. And I don't have anything above 40 watts either so I'm kinda lacking a good 'professional' amp in the collection right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X