just got me weber california 15!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got me weber california 15!

it just arrived. White painted frame, very nice looks.

I loaded it into my rigged former peavey classic vtx cabinet which now was suited to fit a 15 inch speaker. Fired up the blonde bandmaster and turned it up. Awesome sound!

It sounded a bit different from my JBL's at high volumes, i figure it's because this is 4 ohms and matches the amp, and the jbl's were 8 ohms.

Monster cleans, i finally got that authentic vintage fender tone back with a matching cab for my bandmaster, and im glad! The DRRI is very nice, but it seems darker and a little bit muffled in comparison to the bandmaster at high volumes. the notch positions on my strat jump out alot more on the bandmaster from what i have experienced.

I'll shoot a pic of the total fender stack on friday when i jam with the band. that is-bandmaster on top of DRRI on top of 15 inch cab.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: just got me weber california 15!

Ted finally came back from his vacation heh?
    Awesome man! Is it a really snappy speaker in comparison to the one you had? Or just less colorful?
    There is no spoone
    - The Matricks

Comment

Wait until it breaks in....

ceramic or alnico?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Yup, you should see better cleans now that the speaker ohms match the amp. That's how my JTM45 works.

A Bassman through a 15" speaker is one of God's gifts to mankind

Comment

Yea, sounds like a great deal....
          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

it's ceramic. When nobody was in the house i let it rip with the volume at 7 and my whole room was shaking! Really sweet sound with high headroom, and it really rumbles in a civilized fender fashion when you turn it up.

It's like that speaker was made for my bandmaster, but when i remember correctly, the bandmaster cabs were 2x12 JBL d120's?

Just an awesome tone. And it's an Alu dome for all you non believers! It makes the high end more colorful to my ears.
            2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Armotron
              Ted finally came back from his vacation heh?
              Awesome man! Is it a really snappy speaker in comparison to the one you had? Or just less colorful?
              None of the above. Maybe im tone deaf, but the 'alnico flavor' of the authentic D130's that i had was not very blatant. It was just a minor 'feel issue', like a tube vs. solid state rectifier's feel, not an actual tone coloration. This ceramic version gets more headroom and that means more of that fender sparkle, and less muffling and compression that occurred with the real d130's at really high volumes.

Not snappy, it's just really flexible. I can get my quack because the clarity is there, but enough 'tasty' frequencies are present so that if i want to jazz it up with the tone way low, the sound is still nice and present.

Comment

I have a Cali 15" ceramic (w/paper dome) in a Traynor YSR combo cab that I built, and that thing rules...it is the loudest, cleanest combo amp I ever heard (yes, including Twins and Ampegs). I actually did break stuff in my house with it...unreal.

Comment

Working...
                X