• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drew_half_empty
    replied
    Re: eminence wizards - AWESOME

and if not, screw it, buy a TS or a compressor

my bassman sounds flabby & undefined as hell by itself, but with a compressor, it's nice, with the little bit of compression & distortion from a TS, it's bliss

and i was thinkin just 2 6v6's but i guess 4 is possible

Leave a comment:

• Quencho092
    replied

i wonder how a cathode biased amp would sound with the 6v6's...4 of them...that's a saggy tone! I think i might like that...

Leave a comment:

• drew_half_empty
    replied

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
    That's good to hear. I asked about this speaker a few days ago but got no replies. I'm thinking of replacing the Vintage 30 in a 1x12 and this one's on my short list.

i think in a 1x12 a wizard would be much better suited for the job then a v30

i had this crazy idea to get a peavey classic 50 & run 2 wizards, then pull out all the EL84's & run 2 JJ 6v6's instead after getting the adapters & crap like that

I'll probably never do it but i bet it'd sound sick

Leave a comment:

• wixedmords
    replied

That's a great speaker in the right application. The Emi's Patriots/Redcoats are smoother than Celestions overall. It is good to have choices. Glad you like the Wizard.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSteve
    replied

That's good to hear. I asked about this speaker a few days ago but got no replies. I'm thinking of replacing the Vintage 30 in a 1x12 and this one's on my short list.

Leave a comment:

• drew_half_empty
    started a topic eminence wizards - AWESOME

eminence wizards - AWESOME

i loaded the 2x12 with em today, stacked it up, turned it on, kicked on the ts, played ONE CHORD, and i was hooked

these things just sound SO freakin good, jesus. Not too much, not too little, nice mids, nice lows, nice highs, these things are THE rock & roll speaker. If i had to do a fullstack with only one speaker, they'd be this one

as far as the stack altogether the only change i can see happening is some governors in place of the red white & blues to free up some highs & pull some low mids out, but other than that, friggin JEEZE. This is SOOOO close to the tone i've been hearing in my head since...forever
Working...
X