Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visualsound workhorse amp

anybody heard of them?

they are giving away a jekyll & hyde ultimate overdrive with every amp free. sounds like a good deal depends how much do the amps go for. any ideas guys?
    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Re: visualsound workhorse amp

Yup. I've heard of them. Considering who the designer is, I have a feeling they sound incredible. The creator is none other than R.G. Keen who has been in the electronics world for a long time and knows his stuff. He's a regular at Aron's stompbox forum. Great guy, loaded with info, and has taught me a lot. I'm curious as to how they sound myself. I can't remember how much they go for though.

Comment

I am with Erik. Visual Sound makes some cool stuff. I have to be honest though....those speaker grills are DISGUSTING!!! It looks like they pulled them off of an old hooptie car's subwoofers that were stored in the trunk.
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

LOL, B. Those grills serve a purpose. They are there to disperse the treble from the center of the speaker to make it not sound so pearcing when sitting right smack dab in the middle of it. I see them becoming customizable down the road.

Comment

Yeah, those grills do the same thing as a Weber Beam Blocker (or a spot of duct tape).

IIRC, those Visual Sound amps are a bit different from what we consider a "normal" guitar amp. They are intentionally designed to be clean, for those seeking to get their sound from pedals. Not a surprising concept, coming from a pedal manufacturer.
          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
            Those grills serve a purpose. They are there to disperse the treble from the center of the speaker to make it not sound so pearcing when sitting right smack dab in the middle of it.
            They may serve a purpose but asthetically they take away from the amp IMO!
            Last edited by B Bent; 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM.
            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

yeah, the grill looks kinda out of place. guess we are more of a traditionalist at heart. i am just presuming, if the amp is designed on a no-frills approach, it should be pretty affordable. can't seem to find a price on the net though... in any case, this may be a good deal especially with the jekyll & hyde thrown in.

Comment

"Due to hit the marketplace this fall, the Workhorse amps (including Jekyll & Hyde pedal) will list as follows: Pony, $775; Mustang, $1,025; and Stallion, $1,250."

Comment

thanks bro!

if those are listed prices, street prices should be a steal with the pedal thrown in!

Comment

Working...
                  X