Mesa Boogie / Gibson raises prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie / Gibson raises prices.

Just noticed that higher prices on some Mesas are popping up on on dealer websites. JP-2C from $3,349 to $3,999. Mark V 25 from $1,899 to $1,999. Don't know what else moved but that JP is quite the increase. Don't need another argument about the economies of inflation, just pointing it out.

I predict I will live the rest of my life without owning a Gibson or a Boogie.

Comment

Inflation does not tend to isolate itself.
      A decade ago people were almost giving Rectifiers away because they were no longer cool and/or trendy.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        Inflation does not tend to isolate itself.
        A decade ago people were almost giving Rectifiers away because they were no longer cool and/or trendy.
        And idiot that I am, I didn't snag one then.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          And idiot that I am, I didn't snag one then.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
          And I wished I had snagged one more.
          One deal I'm really kicking myself for not doing was a near perfect condition 5150-II and mesa stilletto cab for a total of $1100.
          It was only about 40m south of me on craigslist but I'd just recently snagged other good stuff and was already feeling guilty for spending the cash.

Comment

I don't see this affecting me at all.

Comment

Anyone looking for either a Gibson or Mesa is better off buying used.
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I bought my Gibson and Mesa used, so their new prices didn't affect me.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I scoff at the thought of buying anything Gibson new. Prices have always seemed high to me in comparison to almost anything else around these parts.

The closest thing I have to a Gibson is the Heritage H-137 I picked up on this forum and that's one of the best purchases I've ever made, both in function and value at the time.

Although I love love love my Mesa I can't imagine walking into a store and dropping 3500+ on it new. Thank god for the used market

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

The sky is falling,

The company the most people spend the most time hating on here is raising the prices of the things most people say they dont want, need, or refuse to buy on principle.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Let's boycott stuff we can't afford to begin with! That'll show those stupid doo doo heads!!!
                      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

It makes sense. This is gear for boomers, many of whom have enjoyed careers during the most prosperous time in american history, and are now at retirement age and sitting on outsized portfolios.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                          It makes sense. This is gear for boomers, many of whom have enjoyed careers during the most prosperous time in american history, and are now at retirement age and sitting on outsized portfolios.

eh more or less.
                          We don't need no stinking Gibson.

Comment

Ive had plenty of Mesa & Gibson and never once paid retail. Only a fool or somebody with money to burn pays retail.
                            Fine gear but don't miss them at all.
                            The MK I / MK III / MK IV & Rectifier were all stupid loud and mostly non usable.
                            I like blasting a stadium as much as anyone else but those days are pretty much dead.

Comment

One of my favorite pieces of gear is a really old 1 x 12 boogie cab I got for $100 at a pawn shop. After they rang it up they were like, that doesn’t sound right lol

Comment

Working...
                              X