Jimmy Page in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Page in a box

I am so interested in this pedal the last thing I need is another MIB but holy crap is this cool

From the mind and soul of Ben Fulton, boutique pedal master and designer/owner of Red Witch Pedals, comes perhaps his crowning achievement.

Zeppelin by Imperial Electrical.

Zeppelin captures the sound and feel of a time when guitar gods ruled the airwaves and arenas all over the world. Combining the tone of an Echoplex preamp going into a Plexi, Zeppelin recreates the sound and fury of a bygone era in a compact pedal at home in any guitarists rig.

Versatile, visceral, and focused, Zeppelin creates an artistic soundscape of past glories and sounds yet to be discovered. More than a drive, more than a boost, more than a preamp, Zeppelin combines these essential elements in a reactive, easy to use, package. From subtle tonal shading to full-on bombast, Zeppelin provides a platform for conjuring the sounds of yesterday and tomorrow.

Let the hammer fall and the gods rejoice-Zeppelin has arrived.

Good sounding. Doesn't sound like anything Zep-ish or Plexi-ish to my ear, but it's making a lot of great sounds in it's own right. Maybe a different guitar and a pure Zep-ish player would be more convincing. But it still sounds really good.

Interesting that the pedal gets a tube-recto sag with certain knob settings, almost sounded like Clapton's Beano amp. Haven't heard a pedal do that really well before.

Comment

sounds really good! not that i need another drive pedal

Comment

Not sure the relationship with Page but okay.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          sounds really good! not that i need another drive pedal
          Me neither. If I were to get one I think I would roll the gain back and use it more as a boost than a device to nail the Jimmy Page sound. That is a pretty high price for a boost.

Comment

Close but no cigar, it does sound good though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                Close but no cigar, it does sound good though.
                Yep. I watched a few more clips and the creator said he was not trying to clone Jimmy's sound but recreate the vibe of the equipment Page used.

Comment

If nobody here had any mention of Page and i saw that demo, Page wouldn't even enter the conversation.

Comment

It sounds good. But I don't think it was super unique. Page's tone isn't hard, and I think you can get it with any number of drives out there.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Which Page tone? The Les Paul was constant but he switched amps and stomps a lot. And he did actually play a Strat during the In Though The Out Door era.

Comment

jImmEy pAjE bAst geeTar eVar

Comment

I dont get it. That is the sound most amps make without a boost pedal.

Comment

Here's the deal, a pedal could never do a complete Page tone because he was all over the place with the sound he put out during his career.

Comment

Working...
                            X