im looking for an amp and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking for an amp and need help

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

wat do u think of this combo, or is this one better

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

im looking for a combo amp with 100 watts or more. but i dont want it to go over $600. help me out. if u think another amp is better than these two tell me. im an intermediate player and still got my 15 watt amp and looking to take it up a notch. i play metal, so, that may elp u with ur choice. please help. my birthday is coming up and i would like to kno wat to buy by then. thanx for ur help.
    Guitars:
    Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
    Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
    AMT SS-11B

Re: im looking for an amp and need help

get a used jcm 800 50 watt head for about $600 used
    Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson RR5
    Fender Strat MIM
    Marshall DSL 50
    Marshall 1960A 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by metal
      get a used jcm 800 50 watt head for about $600 used
      He'd still have to buy a cabinet. Though, if you could find a head and maybe a 2X12 cabinet for close to that price, that would be a great one.

Of the two, my instinct would be to go with the Peavey. But I don't know much at all about the Randall. It's probably not a bad amp either. Are you sure you want one of those two, or are you open to other suggestions? If so, are you set on solid state or are you open to tube amps? Are you willing to buy a used amp?

My best advise would be to go play both of those, and any others that you might be considering, and find the one you like the best. Then you can do some more research on the amp to make sure it's suitable and reliable. Of course, we'll help with what we can.
      It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

[QUOTE=JacksonMIA]Are you sure you want one of those two, or are you open to other suggestions? If so, are you set on solid state or are you open to tube amps? Are you willing to buy a used amp?

im open to any suggestions under $600. im open to tube amps but they are more expensive. used amps i will buy but they are hard to find on the musicins friend website. do you kno where else i can look for a used one? please reply.
        Guitars:
        Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:

Pedals:
        AMT SS-11B

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
          He'd still have to buy a cabinet. Though, if you could find a head and maybe a 2X12 cabinet for close to that price, that would be a great one.

Of the two, my instinct would be to go with the Peavey. But I don't know much at all about the Randall. It's probably not a bad amp either. Are you sure you want one of those two, or are you open to other suggestions? If so, are you set on solid state or are you open to tube amps? Are you willing to buy a used amp?

My best advise would be to go play both of those, and any others that you might be considering, and find the one you like the best. Then you can do some more research on the amp to make sure it's suitable and reliable. Of course, we'll help with what we can.

im open to any suggestions under $600. im open to tube amps but they are more expensive. used amps i will buy but they are hard to find on the musicins friend website. do you kno where else i can look for a used one? please reply.
          Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
          AMT SS-11B

Comment

Ebay is a good place to look for amps. The main thing is to get the amp checked by a tech once you get it, if it's a tube amp.
            Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
            Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
            Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
            Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
            Fender Frontman 15g
            Cry Baby
            Boss DS-2
            Boss CE-3
            Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Find the vox AD120vt.. the one with the vintage tolex and grill cloth. I dunno if you can find it under 600 even on ebay, but im sure you can find the 1x12. Those will knock the crap out of both of those amps IMO.
              Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
              Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
              Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
              Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
              Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

wat do u guys think of the Line 6 Flextone III XL.
                Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                AMT SS-11B

Comment

do you guys know where to find 8280 marshall combo? I've been trying to find but it seems to have desapear hahahaha anyway... anyone?
                  What is one without a guitar?

Comment

Working...
                  X