No announcement yet.

Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check that 'Beat Club' thing out.... though, in general I think it's nice when amp's have their own sound even if I don't necessarily like that sound

The few old Oranges I've heard on YT etc I've kinda liked tbh, even though they do sound as you described

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

With my Cort (Fishman Open coil classic bridge):

Mic'd with the AT2020 condenser at the edge of the dustcap...re-adjusted my EQ a bit for this one...I like it!

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

^^ Everything The same except with the Orange Crush head pugged into the Vox cab..

Amp Settings:

Master Vol: 1
        Channel Volume: Dimed
        Treble: 4.5
        Mids:6
        Bass: 6
        Gain: 6.5
        Reverb: 4
        Zoom G1X Four in he loop for a bit of delay.

AT2020 mic positioning - Edge of dustcap (unchanged from my last Laboga Classic 30 video)
        Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 05-27-2023, 01:11 AM.

Youtube

Comment

^^ Same thing ..just nudged the bass up/treble down a hair this time and raised the solo level in the mix a bit...

Next up, I need to check out the speaker-emulated output . Most reviews say it sucks...going to see for myself:

Youtube

Comment

Tried the Speaker emulated ouput (switched to "Closed back") all other setting are the same as the last video..

That's certainly very usable imo and actually sounds pretty ****ing sweet for analog speaker emulation....don't get the hate (?)

Youtube

Comment

With the "Open back" setting it's a bit thinner in the mids ..there are more highs/less lows...kind of like with a real fully open back cab I guess... again ..usable but the " closed back" setting sounds a lot better to me..

Youtube

Comment

Definitely sounds a lot better than the Sp. Emulated Output that both my Laboga's have. They're way too bassy/muddy and if you cut back the bass they sound hollow & boxy..ie...petty much unusable in a recording.

My Randall T2's Sp. Emulated output does'nt even work. Just garbled bass..

The Orange's is the best I've ever had any experience w/ by far.. it's totally usable.

Youtube

Comment

More variety...

Youtube

Comment

And the Vox Cab/ Sennheiser e906 with The Super Crush. Just switched the heads , everything else is the same except I'm using the Supercrush's onboard reverb & delay from the Zoom. While the previous clip w/ the Laboga has both reverb and delay from the Zoom.

I'm a bit lazy to start fiddling around with the Two Notes Captor X but I'll get around to it soon

Youtube

Comment

This is with my DIY 1x12 semi-open back cab with an Eminence Legend GB128

Amp Settings:

Channel Volume: Dimed
                      Master Volume : 1
                      Gain: 6
                      Treble: 4
                      Mids: 6
                      Bass: 4
                      Reverb: 2
                      Delay from my Zoom G1X Four in the loop

Mic'd w/ an Audio Technica AT2020 condenser mic (edge of dustcap)

Youtube

Comment

Sweet ballad tone (and some more deeply emotional tapping) from the Vox cab w/ Celestion Redback + Laboga The Beast Classic 30W tube head...

Mic'd with a Sennhesier e906 positioned midway between the edge of the dustcap and the outer edge of the cone..

Youtube

Comment

The only ones I have much experience with are the Rockerverbs. They sound great. I'd be happy to get my hands on one. Also played a solid state head of theirs a few years ago that was surprisingly responsive and great in the band room for crunchy metallic stuff. No hate for Orange.
                          Take it to the limit
                          Everybody to the limit
                          Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I've never played a Rockerverb or any of their big tube heads except for the TH100 which was'nt really my thing. (Too scooped/cold with a really harsh hairy prominent high end..might have sounded better boosted or if I'd spent more time dialing it in...who knows?). But I do like all their lunchbox heads that I've tried..

These larger SS crushes (I have the older 120W model too) are supposed to be solid state versions of the Rockerverb, though I personally have'nt compared them. They do sound pretty similar in many of the YouTube video's though. They got the DNA right ..no doubt about that. They play brilliantly too....so much so that I'm actually pretty sure I could'nt tell the difference in a blind test. Honestly...they do sound, feel and respond like tube amps..

Youtube

Comment

Which reminds me, I need to do the ballad with the Super Crush. That's up next

Youtube

Comment

...and done.

Ballad w/ Super Crush and the Vox 1x12/Redback cab. Sennheiser e906 mic (same positioning as the last video w/ my Laboga). Amp settings in the video...sounds pretty ****in' sweet!

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X