Marshall AVT 275

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT 275

I am confused, is this amp a tube amp or a solid state. i havent been able to find information any where about this. could someone please help?

much appreciated

Re: Marshall AVT 275

Originally posted by Strapocaster
    I am confused, is this amp a tube amp or a solid state. i havent been able to find information any where about this. could someone please help?

much appreciated
    that amp is both, its a hybrid amp.
    On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Comment

thanks for the info pac112. have u ever had the chance to try this amp before?
      i am interested in it and need some opinions

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Strapocaster
        thanks for the info pac112. have u ever had the chance to try this amp before?
        i am interested in it and need some opinions

thanks
        i have not played the exact modell,but the AVT 50. well, i quite like it. the amp sounds nice with a little "dirt" but i think other amps will sound nicer when u are talking abt cleans.

i know only a little abt amps. hopefully the other members with more experience will chip in.
        On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Comment

so far I heard of the AVT 150 and thats the max where they sell in my local store. I think the AVT 275 will be LOUD. REAL LOUD, because the AVT 50 is able to give you a sound almost like a tube amp just that as what PAC112 said, alittle dirt in the sound. Not as clean as the tube,
          I just sold my AVT50 today away because I'm transiting to tube amps for my room
          Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
          Gibson 1959 reissue
          Gibson 1960 reissue
          Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

It's a "Valvestate."

Marshall runs a little bit of propaganda here. The only tube influence in the amplifier is one preamp tube. So, essentially it's solid state. I've experimented with my AVT150's preamp tube only to conclude that it plays a very minor role in the overall tone.

It's a pretty good amplifier, but it does lose sound quality when cranked. But if you're looking for a quasi-tube-tone at low volumes, AVT is a pretty good choice.
            Gear:

PRS CE22 (Evo/Evo)
            Fender MIM Powerhouse Stratocaster (Custom/Lil'59) Pic*

PODxt
            Atomic 112

Comment

I like the AVT series for the super clean jazz tone which doesn't need much warmth and roundness to it and for a modern metal tone. Unfortunatly, I think that's all it's good for. If you need either of those tones...go for it.

Comment

lack of headroom to me a little dark to my opinion I like the open sounds anyway the clean sounds great
                What is one without a guitar?

Comment

thanks for the info guys it has been really helpful. i really appriciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X