banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Plexi's: Difference between the JMP 50 & 100 Superleads and JTM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Plexi's: Difference between the JMP 50 & 100 Superleads and JTM's?

Old Plexi's: Difference between the JMP 50 & 100 Superleads and JTM's?

Any info?
    Last edited by unleashthejay; 01-06-2006, 08:26 AM.

Re: Old Plexi's: Difference between the JMP 50 & 100 Superleads and JTM's?

Comment

Awesome stuff. I never saw that page before. Thanks for sharing. That'll be a good lunchtime read.

Comment

Marshalls...how can we live without them??

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          We can not!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            I can't. It's part of my tone.

BTW, has anyone read anything on the Jim Marshall's condition?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
              I can't. It's part of my tone.

BTW, has anyone read anything on the Jim Marshall's condition?
              My overdriven/gainey tones have always been all about the crunchy,cutting,tighter,Marshall tones just after the JTM 45 tones,but I Love those tones also..
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                My overdriven/gainey tones have always been all about the crunchy,cutting,tighter,Marshall tones just after the JTM 45 tones,but I Love those tones also..
                I hear ya. I always loved the sound of a Marshall on the edge, or pushed over it. Hendrix got great tones with them, EVH got the ultimate tone IMO with one, so naturally I wanted one. It took a while but I ended up with one.

My first two tube amps were Peaveys, a Triumph 60 (that I got for free 'cause it didn't work but it only had a blown fuse..hehehe) and then the 5150 script sig model. The Crate Blue Voodoo after that was a big mistake. Sounded great at low to medium volume levels but couldn't hang with the other guitar player's 50 Watt JCM800. After blowing that one up 3 times (cheap PCB), I said no more and a buddy of mine showed me the Marshall I still have 10 years later (thanks Johnny). The search ended.

Comment

Working...
                X