banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Marshall JCM came back from the repair shop today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gr8Scott
    replied
    Re: My Marshall JCM came back from the repair shop today!!!

Sounds like you have a TheOdie setup now. He's had that exact combination for quite some time now IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• WhoFan
    replied

I'm also pretty sure that Slayer had modded 800's....

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

800's are more crunchy than gainy, but they take to OD pedals really well.
    In the 80's, most metal players, used the cranked 800 sound as their rhythm and clean tone, then used a pedal for highgain sounds.

Last time I plugged into a JCM 800 combo, a friend brought over his Fulltone OCD pedal, and it made the amp scream. Do a search on OD pedals here, and you'll see all the ones people recommend. Maybe the Homebrew Big D?

Leave a comment:

• My Marshall JCM came back from the repair shop today!!!

Do i finally got to play my new tube amp with some new tubes in it. i bought it off ebay second hand! the model is JCM900 2501 50 watt combo. i opted for 3 EH 12ax7 tubes and 2 Svetlana EL34 tubes.

I also just got my guitar back with a new bill lawrence L500xl fitted in the bridge.

I will do clips soon.

One question i have though is if i need to push my amps gain in order to be able to play more modern sounding metal. What should i do? use some kind of over drive pedal? if so which ones are any good?

How do slayer get their tone from the JCM800 is another question i have. they use pedals right?

I still haven't tried my new amp properly but from early tests i just get the feeling that i may want "more" from it.

i am new to the world of tube amps so be kind. thanks
Working...
X