Line 6 DL4 Secrets Revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 DL4 Secrets Revealed!

I am trading in (or selling to one of you fine folks) my Echo Park at the end of the month and taking the plunge on a DL4. I am kind of a delay klutz. I just set it on basic and use the tap tempo. I have searched the net for some kind of DL4 site with hints and I can't find one. What are some tricks, secrets, tone ideas, emulations that you fine fellows use?
    Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
    Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
    Amp- Fender
    Originally posted by Skullkrusher
    After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Re: Line 6 DL4 Secrets Revealed!

Use an expression pedal to funk with the parameters in real time. Also, the loop function allows you to create some really intense stuff, because you got the 1/2 switch, the reverse feature, and overdubbing. This allows you to record at 1/2 speed, then play loop it at twice the speed, then you can overdub a reversed passage at half speed or a quarter speed of what the loop is playing...and!...you get the point!

Comment

try the mod delay...delay 0, repeats 0...100% wet, you get a chorus pedal too!
      or, try analog delay, 0 delay, 0 repeats, 100% wet, and play with the tweak and tweeze to get a cool overdrive.
      maybe use the sweep delay- 0 delay time, 0 repeats, 100% wet, and you have a groovy auto wah too.
      and, use the non-true bypass mode so your delays trail off when you turn the pedal off.

one more- start loops in 1/2 speed mode for 28 seconds of delay time.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
        one more- start loops in 1/2 speed mode for 28 seconds of delay time.
        How much degradation is there to the signal at 1/2 speed? I'm looking into a delay/loop gizmo. There are a number of them out there.

I've also read in a couple places about an annoying background "tick" sound with the DL4.

Comment

This fancy stuff is all very well, but can it sound like a WEM Copicat?

Seriously. I'm interested in something I can run in front of the amp that will sound like a tape echo. (WEM Copicat is my reference point beacuse I had one years ago).
          Last edited by Simon_F; 01-07-2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweed
            How much degradation is there to the signal at 1/2 speed? I'm looking into a delay/loop gizmo. There are a number of them out there.

I've also read in a couple places about an annoying background "tick" sound with the DL4.
            i hear no sound difference. and no ticks here.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X