Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

Besides the obvious difference in wattage (30/75)...Who likes what and why? It's a tough call price/performance. Is the Spider worth the extra $75????
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

I have the Roland VGA3 which is basically a Cube 30 but with a lot more features and upgrades. I have also extensively played the Spider II. I find that the Roland COSM models react more tube like than the Spider amp models. I also think that the COSM models sound better than the Spider II amp models. However, my Podxt sounds better than my Roland. I'd go with the Roland if I were you.
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Thanks - The PODxt Live is on my "long term" purchase list. The independent verb/delay on the Spider is appealing, but I thought the cube was pretty loud for 30 watts. It's atough call $225 for 8 models, all useful, and decent effects (for what they are). I don't need/want the 75 watts of the Spider, but it does have an independent reverb, which I really like. When I go back up to 'gig' volume, I'll go with the Live and a powered amp of some sort. How do the Spiders effects compare to the Cube?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The cleans on my Cube 30 are about as good as you can get with a solid-state. Very handy little amp to have in my opinion.
        MMM... BURGER

Comment

Working...
        X