X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john5959
    replied
    Re: Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

The cleans on my Cube 30 are about as good as you can get with a solid-state. Very handy little amp to have in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Thanks - The PODxt Live is on my "long term" purchase list. The independent verb/delay on the Spider is appealing, but I thought the cube was pretty loud for 30 watts. It's atough call $225 for 8 models, all useful, and decent effects (for what they are). I don't need/want the 75 watts of the Spider, but it does have an independent reverb, which I really like. When I go back up to 'gig' volume, I'll go with the Live and a powered amp of some sort. How do the Spiders effects compare to the Cube?

Leave a comment:

• BluesGuyJ
    replied

I have the Roland VGA3 which is basically a Cube 30 but with a lot more features and upgrades. I have also extensively played the Spider II. I find that the Roland COSM models react more tube like than the Spider amp models. I also think that the COSM models sound better than the Spider II amp models. However, my Podxt sounds better than my Roland. I'd go with the Roland if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    started a topic Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

Roland cube 30 vs. Spider 112?

Besides the obvious difference in wattage (30/75)...Who likes what and why? It's a tough call price/performance. Is the Spider worth the extra $75????
Working...
X