NAD - Never thought I would own one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Decided tonight I am going to swap out the speakers for my Celestion Blackback G12Hs with the pulsonic cones
    omg one of the holy grail speakers of all time.

pretty much any 12" celestion with the H mag is my cup of tea. the celestion/Marshall vintage is my favorite. I want to load a 4x12 with the H creambacks...mid jingle jangle all day.

Comment

I've been a VOX AC30 CC2 owner for many years, love the tone, sometimes use a treble booster to get the Brain May sound, would never give this amp up...

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
        I've been a VOX AC30 CC2 owner for many years, love the tone, sometimes use a treble booster to get the Brain May sound, would never give this amp up...
        I promised my girlfriend I would not play any Beatles on the AC30 because she hates them and doesn't want to hear it. Can you bring your Rics over here, and we can jam out some Petty? She is not a fan of him either, and it was not part of the promise.

Comment

There’s nothing quite like the Vox AC sound. Nice score.

Comment

I promised my girlfriend I would not play any Beatles on the AC30 because she hates them and doesn't want to hear it. Can you bring your Rics over here, and we can jam out some Petty? She is not a fan of him either, and it was not part of the promise.
            How can you not like Tom Petty? Seriously, every day since he's been gone, I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have appreciated what I had more when Tom Petty was around."

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

How can you not like Tom Petty? Seriously, every day since he's been gone, I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have appreciated what I had more when Tom Petty was around."
              I think classic rock radio playing him every 4th song ruined it for a lot of people.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

She appreciates the music and the songwriting but finds his vocals annoying. Me? I love Tom's vocals.

Comment

I've got a BRILLIANT idea, I can bring BOTH my Ric 620's, and we could jam to Tom Petty's versions of Beatles songs? Now there's a project for AI....

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post

I've got a BRILLIANT idea, I can bring BOTH my Ric 620's, and we could jam to Tom Petty's versions of Beatles songs? Now there's a project for AI....
                    Before even attempting to piss her off like that, I have one question. How comfortable is your sofa?

Comment

I put on the Ernie Ball casters this morning. I went to change the speakers, and the first problem was you had to remove the head to change the speakers. The second more significant issue is my Celestion Blackback G12Hs are 16 ohms, and the stock speakers are 8 ohms. I am fine with the sound of the stock speakers; if I didn't like the sound of the amp, I would not have bought it.

Here is a new family picture of my basement jam room. I know Dave's back hurts just looking at the picture, but even he would have to admit he would love to spend a couple of hours down there jamming.

Comment

Well, the wheels help, but no way am I taking any of them up the stairs!
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Well, the wheels help, but no way am I taking any of them up the stairs!
                          The only time the VOX and the Marshall 2x12 are leaving the house is for the studio. I have a walkout basement and can pull the car right over to the door. When I get to the studio, there is a street-level load for Studio A 10 feet from the car. Hence the new wheels.

Comment

Nice score; especially for the money, the CC amps are generally pretty good. Regarding impedance, if I remember right, the stock speakers are 8 ohms each wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so if you wanted to put in your Blackbacks, you'd have to wire them up in parallel.

Tone mountain range looks fairly all right too .

Originally posted by dominus
                            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I put on the Ernie Ball casters this morning. I went to change the speakers, and the first problem was you had to remove the head to change the speakers. The second more significant issue is my Celestion Blackback G12Hs are 16 ohms, and the stock speakers are 8 ohms. I am fine with the sound of the stock speakers; if I didn't like the sound of the amp, I would not have bought it.

Here is a new family picture of my basement jam room. I know Dave's back hurts just looking at the picture, but even he would have to admit he would love to spend a couple of hours down there jamming.

Anyone who doesn't give this a like doesn't belong on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                                Nice score; especially for the money, the CC amps are generally pretty good. Regarding impedance, if I remember right, the stock speakers are 8 ohms each wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so if you wanted to put in your Blackbacks, you'd have to wire them up in parallel.

Tone mountain range looks fairly all right too .

two 8 ohms speakers in parallel is 4 ohms, if the amp wants to see 16, its still not a good match.

Comment

Working...
                                X