Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Well, the wheels help, but no way am I taking any of them up the stairs!

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I put on the Ernie Ball casters this morning. I went to change the speakers, and the first problem was you had to remove the head to change the speakers. The second more significant issue is my Celestion Blackback G12Hs are 16 ohms, and the stock speakers are 8 ohms. I am fine with the sound of the stock speakers; if I didn't like the sound of the amp, I would not have bought it.

Here is a new family picture of my basement jam room. I know Dave's back hurts just looking at the picture, but even he would have to admit he would love to spend a couple of hours down there jamming.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post

I've got a BRILLIANT idea, I can bring BOTH my Ric 620's, and we could jam to Tom Petty's versions of Beatles songs? Now there's a project for AI....
    Before even attempting to piss her off like that, I have one question. How comfortable is your sofa?

Leave a comment:

• Liam1963
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

I promised my girlfriend I would not play any Beatles on the AC30 because she hates them and doesn't want to hear it. Can you bring your Rics over here, and we can jam out some Petty? She is not a fan of him either, and it was not part of the promise.
    I've got a BRILLIANT idea, I can bring BOTH my Ric 620's, and we could jam to Tom Petty's versions of Beatles songs? Now there's a project for AI....

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

How can you not like Tom Petty? Seriously, every day since he's been gone, I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have appreciated what I had more when Tom Petty was around."
    She appreciates the music and the songwriting but finds his vocals annoying. Me? I love Tom's vocals.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

How can you not like Tom Petty? Seriously, every day since he's been gone, I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have appreciated what I had more when Tom Petty was around."
    I think classic rock radio playing him every 4th song ruined it for a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied

I promised my girlfriend I would not play any Beatles on the AC30 because she hates them and doesn't want to hear it. Can you bring your Rics over here, and we can jam out some Petty? She is not a fan of him either, and it was not part of the promise.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    There’s nothing quite like the Vox AC sound. Nice score.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
    I've been a VOX AC30 CC2 owner for many years, love the tone, sometimes use a treble booster to get the Brain May sound, would never give this amp up...

Leave a comment:

• Liam1963
    replied
    I've been a VOX AC30 CC2 owner for many years, love the tone, sometimes use a treble booster to get the Brain May sound, would never give this amp up...

Leave a comment:

• esandes
    replied

Decided tonight I am going to swap out the speakers for my Celestion Blackback G12Hs with the pulsonic cones
    omg one of the holy grail speakers of all time.

pretty much any 12" celestion with the H mag is my cup of tea. the celestion/Marshall vintage is my favorite. I want to load a 4x12 with the H creambacks...mid jingle jangle all day.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Never thought I'd get a Vox either but I really enjoy my Night Train 50. Some folks say it sounds "completely different" than an AC30 but in my humble opinion that's utter BS. It's got the trademark Vox/AC30 sound all day long ..just w/ a bit more gain, which to me is never a bad thing...

Congrats, Enjoy ..it's actually kind of an addictive sound

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    nice! love the g12h

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by esandes View Post

does your ac30 have greenbacks?
    Decided tonight I am going to swap out the speakers for my Celestion Blackback G12Hs with the pulsonic cones

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Nice! One of the three big guitar sounds after Marshall and Fender.
    I was mentioning that to the SO. I now have a JC120, AC30, Fender Quad (Twin), Marshall JCM, Carvin X100B, and a few others. If I can not find a tone to satisfy my itch the problem is me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X