Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Nice! One of the three big guitar sounds after Marshall and Fender.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    While the Vox sound isn't as popular as it used to be, one of my favorite tones is Blackmore from 68-70.
    Yep, I am chasing a few classic tones with this amp. I would think the majority of the mid-late 60's and early 70's guitar tones we hear coming out of Abby Road, Trident Studios and every other studio in te UK are VOX amps. Guitar players, for the most part, used what was in-house at the studio back then. In England, that was VOX or Selmar. There are pictures of Blackmore, Page, Iommi, and almost every guitarist of that era in the studio playing a VOX. I do not see this becoming my main rig, but I appreciate having it as an option to color my tone uniquely when needed.

Here is Tony during the Master of Reality​ sessions

Last edited by Securb; 02-06-2024, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    While the Vox sound isn't as popular as it used to be, one of my favorite tones is Blackmore from 68-70.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by esandes View Post

exactly. I swear I could cook using my peavey classic 30 (EL84 loaded).

does your ac30 have greenbacks?
    To be honest, I know they are VOX, but I am not sure which model. I played it, and it screamed, so I took it home. ​

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    if thats an ac30 cc2, they are much less prone to overheat that an old top boost
    Yep it is a CC2

Leave a comment:

• esandes
    replied
    Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    That's a beautiful beast. Keep an eye on the heat though. Both el84 amps I've owned ran VERY hot.
    exactly. I swear I could cook using my peavey classic 30 (EL84 loaded).

does your ac30 have greenbacks?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    if thats an ac30 cc2, they are much less prone to overheat that an old top boost

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Dangit it

Now i want one

Dangit

I found it for $625 with a road case. I offered $575, and he took it. Sold my Randell orange stripe to my singer for $200 to make room = $375 net cost.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Dangit it

Now i want one

Dangit

Leave a comment:

• SlyFoxx
    replied
    That's a beautiful beast. Keep an eye on the heat though. Both el84 amps I've owned ran VERY hot.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    started a topic NAD - Never thought I would own one

NAD - Never thought I would own one

When I got the Liverpool to get some of the Page Super Beatle tones I started digging the VOX vibe. This weekend, I had an AC30 side by side with my JCM2000 in the studio, together they delivered me the best guitar tone of my life. Crunching rhythms came out of the Marshall, and when I switched to leads, the VOX would become more prominent with that violin-like May tone. No amp switching or pedal popping just both of them singing at the same time.

I went out and bought an AC30 today. And it came with a road case.

Working...
X