X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

I'm calling shenanigans. You have a Dracarys.
    Ha! That is what I was pushing the VOX in the studio with, which prompted me to buy this one. Yes, the Wampler and the VOX will have a very close relationship.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I guess it is time for me to buy a Metal Zone
    I'm calling shenanigans. You have a Dracarys.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I guess it is time for me to buy a Metal Zone check out 6:40

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    blues are great, as are the weber blue and silver versions. if youre happy with it, i wouldnt worry about the speakers unless ya pop one

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

It only costs twice as much to get exactly what you want
    I was just downstairs for an hour banging on that amp with my Tele. I am more than happy with the tone. This amp is so damn flexible and has such a range of tones. The overdrive and saturation are amazing.

If a great deal on some speakers falls in my lap I would consider changing them but based on what I am getting right now I am in no rush to make any changes.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

A pair of blues would cost me more than I paid for the amp.
    It only costs twice as much to get exactly what you want

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    speakers make a huge difference, but the vox sound is punchy as hell.

an ac30 with a pair of alnico blues is a beast
    A pair of blues would cost me more than I paid for the amp.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    totally mistyped. i know two 8 ohm speakers in parallel is 4 ohms, ill fix my post so as to not mislead anyone

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremy View Post

two 8 ohms speakers in parallel is 8ohms, if the amp wants to see 16, its still not a good match.
    What?

I think you need to look at that again

two 8 ohm speakers in parallel are 4 ohms
    ​​​​​​2in series is 16 ohms

I have two 16 ohm speakers in parallel at 8 ohms

Use a meter if you dont believe me

Running a 4 ohm load into a tube amp expecting an 8 ohm load
    Will damage the transformer

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    speakers make a huge difference, but the vox sound is punchy as hell.

an ac30 with a pair of alnico blues is a beast

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I just plugged my Rangemaster clone into the AC30, and dialing in Dr. May was easy, but when I dialed it in for a little Tony and played Sweet Leaf and After Forever, it sounded spot on. I had the biggest smile on my face. And by the way, this amp is really ****ing loud, 30 watts? Sounds louder than my 100w heads.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
    Nice score; especially for the money, the CC amps are generally pretty good. Regarding impedance, if I remember right, the stock speakers are 8 ohms each wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so if you wanted to put in your Blackbacks, you'd have to wire them up in parallel.

Tone mountain range looks fairly all right too .

two 8 ohms speakers in parallel is 4 ohms, if the amp wants to see 16, its still not a good match.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied
    I put on the Ernie Ball casters this morning. I went to change the speakers, and the first problem was you had to remove the head to change the speakers. The second more significant issue is my Celestion Blackback G12Hs are 16 ohms, and the stock speakers are 8 ohms. I am fine with the sound of the stock speakers; if I didn't like the sound of the amp, I would not have bought it.

Here is a new family picture of my basement jam room. I know Dave's back hurts just looking at the picture, but even he would have to admit he would love to spend a couple of hours down there jamming.

Anyone who doesn't give this a like doesn't belong on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Ashurbanipal
    replied
    Nice score; especially for the money, the CC amps are generally pretty good. Regarding impedance, if I remember right, the stock speakers are 8 ohms each wired in series for a total of 16 ohms, so if you wanted to put in your Blackbacks, you'd have to wire them up in parallel.

Tone mountain range looks fairly all right too .

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, the wheels help, but no way am I taking any of them up the stairs!
    The only time the VOX and the Marshall 2x12 are leaving the house is for the studio. I have a walkout basement and can pull the car right over to the door. When I get to the studio, there is a street-level load for Studio A 10 feet from the car. Hence the new wheels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X