NC(s)D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered 2 more Pulse speakers after doing a bit of an experiment:

This is the Laney Camo 4x12 w/ just the 2 Pulse speakers mic'd (stereo). I think it's obvious that apart from slight shift in the mids & reduction in bass the only thing that the 2 stock Laney's are contributing tone-wise to this 4x2 is a bit of fizz (clip above)

Plus at $40 a pop these Pulse PM12S's are the best value out there for speakers these days imo. They sound pretty damned excellent & not just for what they cost
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

All The cab clips are with the same EQ (untouched) on the AMT Stonehead amp...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

AMT Stonehead + Sire neck single-coil w/ the Man o war/Swamp Thang cab:

Youtube

Comment

Sire neck single-coil w/ the V30 cab..

Youtube

Comment

My Orange Supercrush 100 does'nt get the attention it deserves, and it's actually another fantastic sounding SS amp, so I plugged it into the Man O War/Swamp Thang 2x12

Youtube

Comment

Opened up and re-wired both cabs todays cuz I'd messed things up before. The stock Laney HH's were 16ohms each wired in parallel for 8 ohms, so they were both 8ohm 2x12 cabs.

When I wired the Man O War & Swamp Thang up I used the same wiring, except the new speakers were both 8ohms each which meant I'd wired them in parallel for a 4 ohm cab. I rewired them in series so it's a 16 ohm cab now (which is what I wanted).

Turns out whoever had wired in the two V30's (8 ohms each) into the new Laney 2x12 I bought had done the exact same thing

So I wired that one in series for 16 ohms too..

Youtube

Comment

V30 cab after re-wiring from 4 to 16 ohms:

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-23-2024, 10:38 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Always thought wiring cab's in series sounded a hell of a lot better than parallel...hairier, livelier & more 3D with sweeter/more harmonic overtones. This is no exception.

Youtube

Comment

^^ Same thing with the Eminence (@16ohms) cab...

Youtube

Comment

And w/ my Laney Dualtop 60W SS head since I have it hooked up right now..

Youtube

Comment

And some more fun jamming Cannon Rock w/ the Laney set to it's "Dark". mode. Should have probably slected bright or neutral though. Dark gets pretty dark through this cab..

Still what's the point of life without experimentation..

Despite what the title says it's just the amp - no wah.​

Youtube

Comment

Laney SS Dualtop on the middle/neutral setting + Digitech freqout ..aka one of the funnest pedals out there,..cuz guitar playing's all about having fun with me..

Youtube

Comment

Wow recording this felt like driving my car....hopping around from pedal to pedal

Laney SS Dualtop head (Bright setting) plus my Digitech FreqOut feedback pedal AND my Crybaby From Hell wah.

What a fun little clusterphuck of sweet noize

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X