VOX Tonelab vs other modelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOX Tonelab vs other modelers

Does anyone have a Tonelab? I am thinking of trying one for direct recording into my zoom palmtop recorder. I want to be able to dial in my own tones pretty quickly. Is the tonelab one of the best modelers out there? Better than J-station or PODXT?

Re: VOX Tonelab vs other modelers

In order and I've had them all:
    POD XT/Tonelab both good but different
    Black Box
    All the rest
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I really like the fact that they've dropped in price, and used ones are a steal.
      It's debateable......the differences between L6 and Vox. You'll be happy with either. Personally, I like the organic sounds of the Vox, due to the tube inside, and also like how it's laid out. There's no LCD's and parameters......it's laid out like an amp and Boss pedals.

One thing to consider is buying a Valvetronix head, since you can basically use them as Tonelabs, but you can also put it on a nice cab and have a great home practice/recording rig. The AD60 has 1 rec. out. The AD120 has stereo outs.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I A/B'd the PoDXt & Tonelab quite a bit before buying the Tonelab. They're both great, but I liked the Tonelab better. Less digital sounding and very warm. I come form the Classic Rock/British Blues era so if you're into higher gain, the POD is probably better.

Good luck,

Jeff
        "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I too own a TL. It's quite good, I think. The Marshall sims could be a bit better, but overall it's a good sounding unit. I know that some people got lemons earlier on, mine doesn't suffer from any problems.

Great cleans, and breaking-up cleans.

Comment

I thought the GT-8 sounds better than the Vox, and definately much better than the PODxt (I owned an XT)- the idea of 2 amps at once is great too. The FX on the Boss far surpass what can be done on the XT and the Vox too.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X