Getting a Mesa Heartbreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Mesa Heartbreaker

It should be here by Friday. Anyone have one? What can you tell me about this? It's the 2x12 combo.

Re: Getting a Mesa Heartbreaker

What do you want to know? I owned one and gigged with it.

The combo has the 90w speakers. It's an interesting amp to say the least.

I can tell you something weird which you might not want to hear, but one of my fave sounds with the amp was to use YELLOW JACKETS in two of the sockets and mix it with 6L6s.

My main knock on the amp is it takes a TON of tweaking to get your own sound. ALWAYS REMEMBER the mid control as well as all the tone controls are designed for special use. For instance, past 12 oclock, the mid actually ADDS gain. READ THE MANUAL whatever you do! USE THE SAMPLES!
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Yeah, with any Mesa, read the manual and understand the amp. Also, don't expect to get awesome tones right away, be persistant and keep fiddling and tweaking, you find some awesome sounds with tone settings you wouldn't expect.

Cool amp, I remember when they came out and I REALLY wanted to try one/buy one. I was in HS at the time and couldn't afford any amp, let alone a Heartbreaker.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had one for a few months, they should have named it the backbreaker, damn thing weighs over a hundred pounds. Great sounding amp, lots of tweaking to get the channels dialed in, but I found it pretty simple to dial in some great clean fendery type sounds and then switch into some really solid overdrive, the thing I like about the amp was how smooth the overdrive was - not the typical mesa buzz saw sound, pretty smooth and sweet, very blues/rock oriented tone.

Comment

Working...
        X