Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp And Questions

Hey guys.

I just got a JTM-45 it is second hand and a reissue but man i like it a LOT!

Does anyone here have one also?
    I have wanted a Marshall for a while, I settled on this because of price and well I am more into the older marshall sound vs the new tsl or dsl

Also Does anyone know where I can get:
    1) Back Cover Plate thing?
    2) Springs that Hold the tubes to the chassis? (sp?)

THANKS!
    "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Re: New Amp And Questions

I can help you. Are you talking about the gold metal screen that goes across the back? Go to my website and look at hte pictures and tell me if we're talking about the same thing.

Tube springs are easy. Does it have KT66's in it? Or EL34's?

P.S. If you ever want me to take out that circuit board and put in some handwired components, let me know!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
      I can help you. Are you talking about the gold metal screen that goes across the back? Go to my website and look at hte pictures and tell me if we're talking about the same thing.

Tube springs are easy. Does it have KT66's in it? Or EL34's?

P.S. If you ever want me to take out that circuit board and put in some handwired components, let me know!
      oh man
      ok it has KT66s some BIG ones they came with the amp they are Groove tubes and it has another set of groove tube kt66s and a set of svelvantia(sp??) 6L6s

i will look at your site and reply...

Comment

I just wanted to say even though it probably does not need to be said, Scott_F has been an ENORMOUS help on the PM tonite.

I am getting some stuff sorted out and he is really helping A LOT!!

so a public thank you to go with the PM one!

Comment

Aaron, I've got one of Scott's Edanas....which is a JTM45...& it's a fantastic amp.

If you ever want anything done to yours, I highly recommend Mr. F

Also, for parts etc. that you might want, check out www.mojotone.com

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

A's basic problem is that his amp is noisy. Tapped the preamp tubes and they are not microphonic. just has a bit of a hum to it.

Aaron, it'd probably be a good idea to pop in 3 new preamp tubes anyway. You'll always need the spares and one of them might still be the offending tube.

Even if you just get one new, good preamp tube, swap it in one spot, turn on the amp and listen. If it didnt' get better, swap it into another spot.

I'd just save time and get three new ones. I like the Chinese one in V1. Groove tubes 12AX7C is an easy way to find one. Then I like JJ's in V2 and V3.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

It might be inherant to those amps....

I had a '98 Bluesbreaker Re-Issue & it was noisy as hell. Changed all the tubes, changed speakers & rewired/resoldered the speaker wire connections.....nothing helped.

PLUS it weighed a ton....so I sold it......And bought a Celtic Edana, which is dead silent when not playing it!!!!!

BTW Scott, FWIW: I wrote a review on HC & it never showed up so I sent a few emails to them....no response. So I wrote another review. It's been a week now & still nothing, so I don't know what the deal is.

Sorry...........

Comment

Forgot to ask Aaron: does it have trem on it? If so, is there anything plugged into the trem input?

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                  Forgot to ask Aaron: does it have trem on it? If so, is there anything plugged into the trem input?
                  yo

no trem, it is the jtm45 head which has the 4 vertical stacked inputs...

i love the sound of the amp but the hiss is kinda just hanging out there and i have no clue as to why.

the hiss sound is also affected by the presence and treble controls as well as the volume 1 (treble channel) control

and if i turn channel 2 volume to like 7 the noise all but quits, BUT BUT if you go to 8-10 it comes back!!!!

Comment

Mine hissed like mad & it drove me nuts to play. It had a trem & I didn't have the pedal, so I just plugged a cord into it & it calmed it down a bit, but the hiss was still there. I just figured it's a loud amp...........loud in a bad way!

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99

Mine hissed like mad & it drove me nuts to play. It had a trem & I didn't have the pedal, so I just plugged a cord into it & it calmed it down a bit, but the hiss was still there. I just figured it's a loud amp...........loud in a bad way!
                      AYE
                      I really wish I would have known about it, the auction didnt say anything about it hissing etc

The sound coming out is good, but there is that hissing sound in the background

Comment

Before you give up, slap a new trio of 12AX7's in there. That might help a lot.

You said in that one PM that it kinda goes away when you have one of the volume pots at 7 or something. Might need a new pot if that's the case.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I know it's a different amp, but I had that hiss problem with a few 50 watt Hiwatts I had, and a little lead dress helped quite a bit...just an idea.

Comment

Aaron doesn't sound too comfortable opening up the amp, but taking a wooden chopstick (actually the ones I got at PF CHanges are freakign PLASTIC now!) and move the wireds around a bit and you might eliminate the problem, or you might at least hone in on the problem.

Start at the input jacks and move those wires around. Just don't touch anything inside and fry yourself.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                              Aaron doesn't sound too comfortable opening up the amp, but taking a wooden chopstick (actually the ones I got at PF CHanges are freakign PLASTIC now!) and move the wireds around a bit and you might eliminate the problem, or you might at least hone in on the problem.

Start at the input jacks and move those wires around. Just don't touch anything inside and fry yourself.
                              nah i will open that sucker up

i talked to marshall today a guy named joe was outstanding on the phone he said he was going to check into it there

i am going to try to work through the problem, i am just bummed because the auction said 100% perfect working order and this can't be the way it left the factory

Comment

Working...
                              X