X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAD6l6GC-STR? Any good?

How close is this account?

According to the Tube Store:

The TAD 6L6GC-STR is the perfect choice for the tone of the rock legends. The new 6L6GC-STR has a tight low end and has all the guts and bite to perfectly accomplish all the rocking sounds from SRV to modern NU-Metal. They have powerful deep bass and a clear, airy top end.

This TAD 6L6GC-STR combines the famous reliability of the American made Philips/Sylvania STR series, and the beefed-up black-plate system of the highly regarded vintage RCA 6L6GC tubes. The best of both worlds! Silky top end combined with deep bass response and lots of headroom make this tube a living classic.

The TAD 6L6GC-STR has an exclusive black-plate design, gold gird wire, double getter construction, no-noise filaments, and a 1.2mm thick heavy duty glass envelope.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: TAD6l6GC-STR? Any good?

I've heard nothing but great things about both the big bottle and small bottle TAD 6L6's.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Thanks Scott, I'm just looking ahead on other tubes to try in the Valveking when it arrives.
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I've got JJ 6L6GC's in my Valveking and it sounds good. Major improvement over the crappy Sovteks that came stock. Been wanting to try some different 6L6's in mine though. Thought about the TAD's or some SED's. I hear good things about both those tubes.

Comment

LOVE THOSE SMALL BOTTS!! Have them in two amps, just fantastic.
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            LOVE THOSE SMALL BOTTS!! Have them in two amps, just fantastic.
            I've got them in my Tweed Pro (1x15, 35-40 watts) and they sound incredible. I also had them in my old Two Rock. Excellent in that amp as well.

I'm going to put some into Stratman's Edana this weekend. (just for kicks). Then I'll put his KT66's back in!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

just a bump
              RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
              TS 7 (modded)
              Hot Rod 50+ XL
              Framus Dragon 4x12
              V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I am using some TAD EL34s and they are great.
                MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

I'm using the small bottle TAD 6L6s in my BF Pro Reverb and they are great.Scott F told us about em and I took his word on them that they'd be great......

And they are!
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                  X