Opinions in Jim Dunlop Wah Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions in Jim Dunlop Wah Pedals

I was looking at getting a Wah pedal, as I really want to nail some of Adrian Smith's solo tones. I was looking at the GCB-95F Classic Wah (apparently endorsed by Kirk Hammett) and the 535Q Crybaby (which is apparently endorsed by Satch).

Anyone care to share some opinions on these pedals? Go easy on me, I'm new to amps/pedals.
    Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Re: Opinions in Jim Dunlop Wah Pedals

The fasel inductor on the GCB-95F sounds much better than the stock inductor, but you'd be better off buying it separately from smallbearelec.com and fitting it yourself as it's only $20 (http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=367) and the shipping I paid to the UK was very cheap. There's a price hike of much more than $25 between the normal CryBaby and the Fasel one, so buy a normal one and fit the inductor yourself (while you're buying it, you could get a 3PDT switch for $10.00 and have yourself a true bypass wah too!).
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Comment

I haven't tried the Classic with the Fasel, but I have a 535Q, and it's not bad.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I want to try these pedals out too... i have the standard Dunlop Wah.... the cheap one.. i like it but wish the effect was slightly stronger sometimes..... But for the $89 Canadian i got it for on sale at a clearance day at a local store it was worth it!

Comment

While they're nothing to write home about, Dunlop wahs (the Fasel ones) are pretty good.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I've tried VOX wah to Dunlop wah .. not to mention about Ernie ball.
            The dunlop I've gotten is a Hendrix crybaby and it cries even at high octaves thats why I gotten it. I'm not sure about the rest, but the Hendrix wah rocks for me
            Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
            Gibson 1959 reissue
            Gibson 1960 reissue
            Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Working...
            X