Any other Fargen fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Fargen fans here?

I`ve owned four, two Miniplex (one was single ended), a VOS, and I still have my Blackbird. Man this dude makes some killer stuff.

Re: Any other Fargen fans here?

Ben makes killer amps. It's funny, but there's been two VOS on the Gear Page for sale and one here on our forum for sale. I"m not sure about all of them, but the 2 on the Gear Page just sat there on for sale for a long time. I have no idea why except that they were single channel amps. That's the only thing I could think of.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Hi Scott, I sold mine there in Sept, just before Rita tore through Lake Charles where I live. I think the same amp has been through a few more owners. It was nice, but I actually like my Blackbird better for the small clubs I play now. The VOS is a one trick pony, but it does that one trick really good. I moved to Louisiana in June and I`m doing everything from swamp pop, oldies, and classic rock, so I have to use pedals now, and the Bird takes them well.

Comment

a friend of mine mark has been working with ben on amps for a year or two now, trying to find "THE TONE" bens got great ears and knows how to get a great sound

Comment

Shameless self plug: http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=123350

I've owned my Epic 30 DC for over a year and loved it. With a new transformer and VOS mod, it kicks more than ever, but humbuckers and 30w EL-84s aren't a great mix if you want loud and pristine cleans (it breaks up by the time I cut through my band, which plays pretty darn loud).

I love the VOS voicing, it's smooth, got great sustain and a really nice bloom to the notes. I wish it had a bit more gain for singles, but it was never made to be a high gain amp, I really think it lends itself to jazz, blues, classic rock and fusion the most.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Ben is the best guy I have ever dealt with. He is a down-to-earth guy who knows the ins and outs of amplifiers, and really knows how to customize something to someone's needs. His amps sound amazing, but since a lot of people haven't played them, they aren't sure if it's "hype" or not. I've gotten some interest, but don't have a buyer for sure yet.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I love Fargen amps, but never owned one. I've played a few of the amps over at Todd's place www.revolutionguitar.com since he's a Fargen dealer. I love the VOS and Mighty Plex. The Mini Plex is cool, but then I find myself wanting the whomp of the Mighty Plex.

The only thing I wish they'd do is make their cabinetry more enticing, and less utility. I like his hardwood cabs, but the tolex ones with corner caps look too budget. That's just my nitpicking though.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X