CHEAP 212 speaker Cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEAP 212 speaker Cab?

Can someone Recommend a Decent CHEAP 212 Speaker cab? Preferably Closed back. That Has a power rateing of 70+watts?
    And I mean Super cheap. The cheaper the better. I mean, provided it doesn't totally suck.
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Re: CHEAP 212 speaker Cab?

There's a couple used ones for sale here in town... I don't know their prices though. I will try and get some more info.

~kac
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
      There's a couple used ones for sale here in town... I don't know their prices though. I will try and get some more info.

~kac
      kool, thanks.

Comment

Find yourself an old empty Bandmaster cab and load it with whatever you like
        '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
        '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
        '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
        '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
        '01 Firebird V
        '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
        '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
        '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
        '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
        '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
        '04 Martin HD28V
        '66 Vibrolux Reverb
        Fender CS '57 Twin RI
        Marshall 1987x RI
        Soultone 18w
        Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

Originally posted by jdm61
          Find yourself an old empty Bandmaster cab and load it with whatever you like

I actully thought about the "find an empty cab and load it" thing......Problem is, I have no idea where to find an empty speaker cab....I've never seen em in any of the guitar shoppes around here, And all the pawn shoppes here try to charge retail prices on all musical equipment.
          Got any suggestions on where to look?

Comment

Framus

Comment

The V30/G12H30 212 Special from Avatar Speakers. They sell so many of these babies, that they make 'em up in bulk and sell 'em cheap. It's also about the best sounding 2x12 cab you're likely to find at any price.
              Last edited by Rich_S; 01-13-2006, 09:39 AM.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Low_fidelity2100
                I actully thought about the "find an empty cab and load it" thing......Problem is, I have no idea where to find an empty speaker cab....I've never seen em in any of the guitar shoppes around here, And all the pawn shoppes here try to charge retail prices on all musical equipment.
                Got any suggestions on where to look?
                Look around for a cheap cab you like that has speakers in it- take them out, sell them or store them, and put what you want in there- I do this kind of thing all the time. I recently took a used 4x12 cab, sold the speakers on ebay and almost made the original cost of the cab back!
                " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S
                  The V30/G12H30 212 Special from Avatar Speakers. They sell so many of these babies, that they make up up in bulk and sell 'em cheap. It's also about the best sounding 2x12 cab you're likely to find at any price.
                  Thanks for recommending them man. I'de heard of avatar before, But for some reason I figured they'de be WAY more expensive than they are (dunno why I thought that really), and I probably wouldn't have even checked em out if not for yer recommendation. They're still a tad more than I wanted to spend, But No where near as much as I thought they'de be. And considering all the good things I've heard about them in the past, They're now at the top of my list. So thanks.
                  -edward

Comment

Avatar sells a 2x12 loaded with Texas Heats on ebay but sometimes they get bid up to the normal prices. I've also seen a 2x12 loaded cab by SS for $180 but I have no idea of the quality.
                    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Randall has one that's like 300 bucks and I dunno it should be pretty good M123 link with custom celestion 80s.

Comment

My Framus CS212 is also about 300 and has Vintage 30s in. Very good cab imo.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Working...
                        X