Finished another Edana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finished another Edana

I really dig the SoZos. Have them in a couple amps, replacing the Orange Drops, which I still like. Scott, they need some hrs of play, they will become more articulate and have better clarity with some time on them. I ain't useing the spendy ones either.... I would rather dig up some NOS mustards.

I was in Savage audio a couple months back and they told me they switched to the Sozos in their line. They really like the difference .
    ]
    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I have a multitester that checks capacitance. You can buy it at Radioshack. It's the most pricey one that they stock. It's made by one of the good companies and rebranded as radioshack.

Comment

Hmm.. I have a pretty nice one that I bought from RS. It has that yellow rubber exterior removable grip stuff on it. I guess I should read the manual!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I've got some coming in next week for Evan Skopp's amp. I was going to use Orange drops, but I figured I'd give these a shot first. Evan glossed the amp, the EvanRude. That's funny stuff. But, it's going to be a ultra clean blackface beast on one channel. (NOS 7581 tubes) On the "normal" channel, I'm putting in a 5E3 single tone knob. Give him a tweed tone that he can distort easily at Condo levels. Run verb and trem to both channels. Using a big AB763 super-reverb-type chassis.

Evan has JEff Swanson making the mother of all bandmaster reverb sized head enclosures in Hardwood Cherry. Jeff makes such great stuff. This is going to be pricey, but Jeff probably hand rubs about a dozen or more coats of lacquer on the final product. He is the wood master.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

This guy right here is the one I have. It's $89.99 at RS.

Comment

Doh!

I have this one and it says it does capacitance up to 4uf. I'm officially a dumbass. Never mind. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

When this football game is over, I'm going to go check out the tolerances of my orange drops, my mallory 150s and my sozo's. Yes, I'm an amp dork, measuring capacitance values late on a Saturday night.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Couldn't wait, went outside during halftime. Duh. Sozo's were closeer than 5%. Mallory 150's weren't far behind (marked 5%). orange drops next. Not bad. I have a handfull of yellow chinese generic mustard caps that are marked 10%. Several fell outside that range.

The meter won't go over 4 uf, so I really couldnt' check the electrolytics which are marked +/- 20%, but I usually over do it there anyway.

So, terry and alex, no worries as yours were built with M150's and they are all closer in tolerance than 5%.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                  So, terry and alex, no worries as yours were built with M150's and they are all closer in tolerance than 5%.
                  No worries at all, sounds just fine to me anyway.
                  There is no spoone
                  - The Matricks

Comment

Originally posted by Armotron
                    Yeah? You're 15! You probably have Dog Ears at this point! Take care of them! Glad you're still digging it.

I need you at my house when I'm trying out all these different components that only add like 0.05 % of a tone difference!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I had SoZo caps & Mercury transformers put into a Bassman clone that I bought they made it sound like a different amp. Great stuff.
                      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Actually, I was trying to get Scott to install these in 007 for me at the same cost...

Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I refuse to put a 65 dollar capacitor in an amp. But, feel free to when you get it home! ahah!

75lp, I'm betting the new MM trannies made more of a difference than the caps did! Putting great transformers in place of mediocre ones can simply astound your ears.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Armotron
                            Same here

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

*fighting the green monster*
                              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                              X