Valvetronix Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valvetronix Valve

OK I've had my Valvetronix AD100VT just over a week.
    Great fun ! Moved up from a little Marshall MG15 that been anoying me for far to long with it's 8" speaker, all that extra bass to get used to again

Found some killer patches and have storted my clean and lead tones (Well nearly, don't we all tweek things )

Now I think i'ts time to look at the the valve (tube) it's a Electro-harmonix (03 05) Ecc83 so should I swop it for something else If so what ?
    any advice would be most welcome
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
    Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Re: Valvetronix Valve

Originally posted by Oldslowhand
    OK I've had my Valvetronix AD100VT just over a week.
    Great fun ! Moved up from a little Marshall MG15 that been anoying me for far to long with it's 8" speaker, all that extra bass to get used to again

Found some killer patches and have storted my clean and lead tones (Well nearly, don't we all tweek things )

Now I think i'ts time to look at the the valve (tube) it's a Electro-harmonix (03 05) Ecc83 so should I swop it for something else If so what ?
    any advice would be most welcome
    Do you mean the VTH or the VTX 120?

I use a set of NOS RCA Long Plate 12AX7s in mine...Same tubes I have in my Fender Cyber Twin..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

No the ad100vt 100 watt twin
      http://www.guitarstrings.co.uk/cart/....asp?key=51938
      Last edited by Oldslowhand; 01-14-2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

ADT100 is the 2x12 100w combo they brought out last year John...it's the same family as the 15/30/50w combos. Has a few extra features like a effects loop, but otherwise, same same.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Oldslowhand
          No the ad100vt 100 watt twin
          Not familiar with that one?
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

It's one of the silver metal grill amps. I had the AD50VT for a few minutes but it was defective. Got the AD60VTX instead.

The RCA tube is a great way to go. If you wanna go a little cheaper, you can try a JJ tube like I got from Eurotubes. I had a Mullard reissue from Groove Tubes but it died in like two months. The JJ sounds just as good, maybe a tad better. I'd go with the NOS tube as first recommendation or a JJ second.

Here's Eurotubes website address.

My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
            or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
            http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
            700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Dude - I went with Roland on that because it didn't take much reading to determine those things are unreliable! Don't swap the tube - swap the amp!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I popped a GT 12AX7R in my AD15 and it made a big difference to the positive
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I'm thinking some of the newer ADVT's have ironed out some of the kinks. I've had my 30 watter for a year now, and no signs at all of any trouble whatsoever. However this is the second one, first one died after two months but Korg replaced it for free. I also had a Cube 30 at the same time. After I compared the two for about 10 days, I sent the Cube back.

But on topic, I didn't or don't plan on any changes to the tube or speaker. Gets me by quite well stock, which is only home playing, but I don't see any need for changing anything right now.
                  Gibson LP Traditional Plus - 57 classics
                  Gibson LP Studio - Suhr Aldrich/490r
                  Fender American Tele
                  Epi 57 LP Jr. reissue - SD SP90-2
                  Vox VT 60
                  Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. I have to admit that the reliability factor did worry me a bit but the feedback I got was that these issues were on the first run amps and that the currant amps are OK. I'll probably try the JJ & the GT see which I like best, I Know from my Hi-Fi background that tubes can die any time when pushed so it's not to much of a supprise to hear about tubes that go so soon just unlucky

Oh I just found this Does this mean that there the same Tube!!!!

http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=1470
                    Last edited by Oldslowhand; 01-15-2006, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman
                      Dude - I went with Roland on that because it didn't take much reading to determine those things are unreliable! Don't swap the tube - swap the amp!
                      On the newer series your statement isn't flying with me!
                      After Gearjoneser,I've had my 120 watt VTH head longer than anyone on here and I've had 0 problems with mine now going on 2 years...

Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                      X