Roland Cube 30 rocks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Cube 30 rocks!!!

It was between that and a Line six Spider. I read & posted and finally went to the store and played. I nailed pretty much every sound that I wanted in seconds with the Cube. The Spider was crap! I really thought it was going to be the better/more flexible amp - separate reverb and delay, 12 mode;ls, etc...Some amp models were useless, or not that different, the effects were weak and tough to control, just a mess. I went right back to the Cube store. I've been home a couple days and haved nailed KISS ALIVE II tones (as if you couldn't do that with anything...), Zep II, Metallica, Def Lep, VH, All the 80's big hair faves! Also got some killer jazz tones, and some excellent blues stuff going on. I love it, and it's sporty loud too!

Those spider amps always seemed like they were marketed a little towards 14 yr. old nu-metal idiots, and there is a reason for that...I'm looking forward to seeing how a given model works with my various pups. If you want an awesome and flexible little amp, this thing is it!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Roland Cube 30 rocks!!!

I agree with you, man. The Cube 30 is a great amp. Don't own one yet but it's on the GAS list and most likely my next practice amp. Simple and easy to use too, that's what I like. Pretty much a plug-n-play modeler. The 60 is pretty killer too.

Comment

If all you need is 7 or 8 amps and some tasty effects....It's DaBOMB! I think I'll see what I squeeze out circa 81 Screaming for Vengeance/Number of the Beast after the litttle peeps are snoozed!!!!!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

FFFFTTT, that stuff is child's play with it. lolololol Trust me, I played some stuff like that when I demoed one. Have fun though.
        Last edited by ErikH; 01-14-2006, 08:23 PM.

Comment

The Cube 30 is GREAT! However I got the Cube 60... I liked the 12 inch speaker better, and I won't have to put it on 8 to be heard on a band setting.

I think nobody, and I mean NOBODY could go wrong with a Roland Cube, be it the Micro, 15, 30 or 60. They are THAT good.
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

The Cube sounds awesome with my friend's humbucker equipped guitar, but I find it a little weak with ordinary single-coils (the Jerry Donahue tele pickup). But for the money, it's great.
            Guitar: '01 Les Paul Special w/Lindy Fralin P-90
            Amp: '91 Vox AC30TB Rose Morris Vintage model

= Rock!

Comment

I Like the Cube series amps alot also!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
              X