Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How likely does this sound?

from a Harmony Central review of the Fender Ultimate Chorus:

"i also recently put a behringer mic200 tube preamp in the effects loop. that gave it a nice creamy tone when tweaked right. now with the tube preamp in the effects loop the amp sounds alot sweeter even without the preamps. if you own this unit try it out.. about 60 bucks for the behringer."

I know it's ~possible~ that a $60 desktop mic pre could significantly warm up a SS Fender combo, but how ~probable~ is it? And even if that sort of thing really does work, is the FX loop the best place to add it to the signal chain? Would a TubeWorks Blue Tube (pedal or rack) be better suited?

I've got my eye on a used pre-DSP Ultimate C., and I love what the clean channel does with every position on my strat, but man, turning the second channel's gain above 2 or 3 is some serious harsh.

Re: How likely does this sound?

I'm suspect - you get what you pay for.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

i used to have one and nothing made the OD better. i tried some preamps and nothing made it any better.
      1995 Gibson Les Paul Standard
      2004 Gibson SG Custom Faded
      Line 6 Flextone III
      Need another American Strat

Comment

Originally posted by jimpmiller
        i used to have one and nothing made the OD better. i tried some preamps and nothing made it any better.

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. What do you figure it is, the speakers? Voicing too optimized for clean toned brilliance?

e

Comment

Working...
        X