A good all around cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good all around cab

I need a new cab. I have a cheap Hartke 4x10, and it's simply time to step it up. I have a few different heads I use. An old Fender 100 watt for cleans, an early 90's JCM 900, and a B-52 AT-100 (having relatives with equipment to pass down is amazing.) I need a versatile cab, that can cover almost anything. Any suggestions? I've heard great things about Avatar, but I wouldn't know what speaker combination to get. Help? Please?

Re: A good all around cab

If you want versitle at a good price, avatar is a great choice. For all around great tones, a combination of V30's and G12H's would be killer. It's one of Avatar's most popular combination of speakers. This combo would cover almost anything you wanted to play...with any of your heads.

I personally like the crunch of the G12T-75's, and I'd mix em with the G12's to get the crunch and low end tightness.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

My suggestion is to email or call Dave at Avatar- he is one of the nicest guys you could hope to do business with- tell him what kind of tone you are looking for, style of music you play, -your amps, and your budget- he will make a non-biased suggestion that will most likely make you a happy camper-
      " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

I think the Mesa Thiele 2x12s rock
        The Mesa Recto 2x12's and 4x12s
        Rivera makes some great cabs usually in the v30 style

I use a Mojave 4x12 with G12H30s and I can tell you its the most classic tone with huge sound and a sweet, rich character that takes over any stage. I also keep V30s around just in case.

If you aren't cranking to all hell, I LOVE G12M greenbacks, very sweet! see Marshall 1960AX or BX
        1973 Les Paul Standard
        1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
        X