Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you think of this layout?

I look forward to seeing this

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
    Line6 Toneport UX2
    Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
      i know that. i am saying that it wont be the way on MY head. i got other plans with it. like i said i am complicating stuff but i dont have a problem with it.

yea, thanks. i apretiate it. and i'm reapeating myself, but this will get far more drawing board time and thinking, than just a lousy picture. i was bored. sorry.
      Ok, that's cool. So for simplicity sake, sort of a horizontal rack?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
        Ok, that's cool. So for simplicity sake, sort of a horizontal rack?
        exactly

what i am NOT doing. i'm not stripping each of parts and reassembling them together. i am keeping them as standalone units, just the knobs/switches are going to be mounted elsewhere. the power supply is going to be treated in a similar way than a rack supply

stfu sune
        Last edited by Davey; 01-19-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

stfu sune

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
          Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
          Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
          Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
          Framus FR212 CB cabinet
          Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
          Line6 Toneport UX2
          Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

exactly

what i am NOT doing. i'm not stripping each of parts and reassembling them together. i am keeping them as standalone units, just the knobs/switches are going to be mounted elsewhere. the power supply is going to be treated in a similar way than a rack supply

stfu sune
            Ok, that's a clearer picture. The fun part will be dealing with the PCB mounted jacks and pots.
            Last edited by ErikH; 01-19-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Ok, that's a clearer picture. The fun part with be dealing with the PCB mounted jacks and pots.
              i'm already looking forward to the solder fumes

Comment

i'm already looking forward to the solder fumes
                LOL....and have plenty of desoldering braid.

Is the initial idea to just use the same pots and run wires from them to where they'd be on the PCB?

With the right amount of space, and with the clearer picture (i.e. horizontal rack), it could work.

Comment

LOL....and have plenty of desoldering braid.
                  i got a solder pump. heat it, put it on, press the button, voila.. no more solder
                  Is the initial idea to just use the same pots and run wires from them to where they'd be on the PCB?
                  yea, thats the idea
                  With the right amount of space, and with the clearer picture (i.e. horizontal rack), it could work.

the picture is realy cramped together. there's going to be a lot of space. the amps circuit is rather small as is and going into a head (not realy as huge as a marshall, but somewhere in the middle) it's going to have plenty of space =)

dut i wont get out the measuring tape just yet.. i got at least two months to lay back.. tax return week at the very latest (taking the pedal gets released soon)

Comment

A pump would work too. Gotta be quick on the PCB though so as not to lift any traces. That's what I like about the braid, it absorbs some of the heat from the iron. My desoldering pump sucks though, or doesn't depending on how you look at it...lol.

Now it's making more sense after getting past some of the details.

Comment

A pump would work too. Gotta be quick on the PCB though so as not to lift any traces. That's what I like about the braid, it absorbs some of the heat from the iron. My desoldering pump sucks though, or doesn't depending on how you look at it...lol.
                      LMAO

well.. if the pump doesnt suck, what does it do?

Now it's making more sense after getting past some of the details.
                      i'm not good at explaining stuff =/

like, you know the thing.. yea, the thing.. and it goes into that dohickey there, which plugs into the gadgety looking thingy with that .. thing on top.. yea, that. and then it all connects to the big thingy with wires and such, and it works like that.. yup. that be it

horizontal rack.. i should have thought of that lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X