banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions on the epiphone valve junior amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on the epiphone valve junior amp?

Anyone played one of these?

seems like it could be a good little amp for recording. But, I've never tried one, and Actully never played an epi amp. So I have no idea weather it totally sucks or not? kinda seems along the same lines as an old champ or sumthing? But I dunno. Anyone got any opinions, or experiance with one of these?
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Re: opinions on the epiphone valve junior amp?

no one has an opinion?

Comment

I own a Valve Special. It's got a very vintage vibe not at all bright like a Pro Jr. which is why I bought it. Sounds more Vox like than Fender like. With a new speaker I hear that they come to life as well as possibly new tubes. You can hear some tracks with it at www.myspace.com/portauthority

I used a Black Box with the AC30 Model for some of the guitar tones and also a Hot British - the guitar was an Ibanez RGT42 and I'll bet it would have been much much better with a Tele or a Les Paul. The combination of a high tech guitar and a vintage type amp is not the best I think.

The Valve Standard sounds even better.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co
        I own a Valve Special. It's got a very vintage vibe not at all bright like a Pro Jr. which is why I bought it. Sounds more Vox like than Fender like. With a new speaker I hear that they come to life as well as possibly new tubes. You can hear some tracks with it at www.myspace.com/portauthority

I used a Black Box with the AC30 Model for some of the guitar tones and also a Hot British - the guitar was an Ibanez RGT42 and I'll bet it would have been much much better with a Tele or a Les Paul. The combination of a high tech guitar and a vintage type amp is not the best I think.

The Valve Standard sounds even better.

Checked it out.
        The guitar sounded pretty kool I think. kinda hard ta tell in the song and stuff. But whatever.
        I gotta say, your band is ****ing radical dude. I am totally impressed. I am totally makeing that "nothing to hide" song my new myspace theme song thingy.
        haha, couldn't really tell what the amp sounds like fromthe song. But Not cause I couldn't hear it, the songs were just too good for me too pay attention to the guitar. Haha.

-edward

[edit] I just realized I can't select the "add" feature on those songs........fix that!! haha, I gotta have that song on my myspace.

Comment

Thanks Edward, that's cool of you!

Well, the amp I think is really quite good for $200.00 US. I played the little one and although it's cool to practice with I don't think it would record that many different tones. I will probably switch out the speaker on the Valve Special and the tubes someday.

If you go to http://www.innerdreamrecords.com there is a preview up of a track called "Alone To Find" which has the guitar a little more featured.

I'll fix that Myspace thing too so you can use "Nothing To Hide" on your page.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co
            Thanks Edward, that's cool of you!

Well, the amp I think is really quite good for $200.00 US. I played the little one and although it's cool to practice with I don't think it would record that many different tones. I will probably switch out the speaker on the Valve Special and the tubes someday.

If you go to http://www.innerdreamrecords.com there is a preview up of a track called "Alone To Find" which has the guitar a little more featured.

I'll fix that Myspace thing too so you can use "Nothing To Hide" on your page.
            kool thanks

Comment

I have one. The od is kind of crappy with humbuckers, but with my tubescreamer I think it sounds pretty good. IMO it's definately better sounding with single coils.
              Defender of the Sonic faith.

Gibson SG Faded

Carvin Vintage 16 amp

http://www.lp.org

Comment

I have one and like it a lot. There is a hum issue that can be addressed with some modifications. I haven't done them yet, but I'm planning to. Do a web search for Valve Junior Mods. Also, there are extensive user reviews at Harmony Central on the amp. I changed my tubes to an EH 12AX7 and a JJ EL84, and it's much better with my Les Paul than the original Sovtek tubes. They weren't too bad and might suit a bright guitar, but sounded a bit dull with the LP.

The amp is hard to beat for the money.

Comment

I was wondering about this one too, and if you can switch the EL84 for a 6V6 to make it more like a Fender Champ...
                  The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
                  And Here on Bandcamp!
                  Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
                  X